This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cops

I got pulled over tonight doing 40 in a 25. The cop, a jolly young fellow and I appreciate that-pulled me over, asked the usual, license, reg, typical ****.
    now my speedo isn't working at all, and I didnt bother to tell him as he might write up a citation and demand it fixed within a certain amount of time-which I don't have.
    he goes back to his cruiser and I have a smoke while I'm waitin. He comes back to my window revealing a warning ticket.
    "do you mind?"
    "oh...sorry" (it was almost finished anyway.)
    "you know...We don't know what you kids are up to, but the whole car tuning thing is gone way too far, however, if this keeps going on, you and the like, won't."
    I didn't catch on at first.
    "Beg your pardon?"
    "spread the word to your friends. ****'s got a limit. you know?"
    I couldn't say I'm not one of them, but I sorta am.
    "The ones that you catch are the same ones that ruin the sport."
    I guess he was offended...I don't know why. Maybe he took it that I meant that the kids that get caught need to be more careful not to get caught so as not to point out the others?
    "Do the limit buddy."
    and he was off to dunkin donuts.

It's like racial profiling now. If a cadillac deville goes by doing 50 in a 30 and a celica with chrome rims and a muffler tip trailing behind him doing 40 in a 30, who do you think gets pulled over?
    '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Protege Menace get that 400 HP car and when you do get pulled over. Just think of Gone and 60 Seconds. Close your eyes and pray and slam the gear in first leaving dust and smoke in his eyes.

That would be kick ass !

Comment

I personally dont understand the point of speeding. I have gotten my fair share of tickets I will admit that but the more I think about it its dumb. They expect you (or rather people that drive "tuned" cars) to speed.So they are watching for you not the blue hair in the caddy-boat. Its not racial profiling. Dont like getting pulled over and harassed? then dont speed.
      Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
        I personally dont understand the point of speeding. I have gotten my fair share of tickets I will admit that but the more I think about it its dumb. They expect you (or rather people that drive "tuned" cars) to speed.So they are watching for you not the blue hair in the caddy-boat. Its not racial profiling. Dont like getting pulled over and harassed? then dont speed.
        couldn't agree more. If you get pulled over 45 in a 30 and someone in front of you is going 50, and they pull you over, you were still speeding, right.
        2000 DX, Blue
        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Well why i do agree it is profiling, there are certain reasons they do it. Often, they're hoping to stick it to you with more than just a speeding ticket. Face it, young people like most of us are much more likely than a middle aged woman to have drugs, warrants, etc...

And while I don't LIKE it, I can see why they do it.
          '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Cry profiling all you want, the fact is you were speeding and therefore he had a legitimate excuse to pull you over.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

my speedo is NOT working. guess you didnt understand that part .
              That wasn't my first ticket either. But the other time i got pulled over, I wasn't the only one speeding. Just the one that got caught. Wonder why? You think its just because he didn't like mazdas? no. stereotyping.
              And I never said i was pulled over because of racial profiling thank ya very much.
              Even if you're not speeding, you pass the 5-0 with a body kit and a tin can muffler he'll be watching you. You dont have to be a "street racer" to have those mods either. But its the damn high school kids that ruin the scene.
              I'm not trying to defend myself or anything, just trying to get my point across. Just tired of people ****ting on my opinions whenever I start a topic.
              '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
                my speedo is NOT working. guess you didnt understand that part

And this is an excuse?

Profiling is INTELLIGENT on behalf of the cops. Which person do you think is more likely to drive like a moron? a 17 year old in a riced out Civic or your mother in her camry?
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

So, why do people but 175 pounds of body kit, 19 inch rims, 6 inch diameter exhaust, neon lights, etc if they don't want the attention?

Anyway, dude, you got a warning for a 40 on a 25. If that happens to me, all the sounds your hear out of my mouth are:

"Yes, sir", "Thank you, sir" and "Good night sir".

It does sound like he was giving you some attitude, but if he is only giving a warning, I'd let him spew whatever he wants.

But that's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                    And this is an excuse?

Profiling is INTELLIGENT on behalf of the cops. Which person do you think is more likely to drive like a moron? a 17 year old in a riced out Civic or your mother in her camry?
                    My mother? Because my mother can't drive for ****.

And cops here profile all the ****ing time. If they saw a truck and a car speeding (same speed), guess who they are going after? Guess which one was more dangerous to everyone else at that speed (which all speeding laws are written for safety reasons, not just to generate revenue (yeah right))?
                    Last edited by kc5zom; 10-16-2003, 12:09 PM.
                    2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
                    1983 F-150 351W

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
                      my speedo is NOT working. guess you didnt understand that part .

You were still speeding
                      Get it fixed so you know you're giving them an excuse to pull you over next time.

That wasn't my first ticket either. But the other time i got pulled over, I wasn't the only one speeding. Just the one that got caught.
                      Everyone else was speeding??
                      If they all drove their cars off a cliff...........

Wonder why? You think its just because he didn't like mazdas? no. stereotyping.
                      And I never said i was pulled over because of racial profiling thank ya very much.
                      Good cause I don't recall saying it was racial profiling, I just said profiling

Even if you're not speeding, you pass the 5-0 with a body kit and a tin can muffler he'll be watching you. You dont have to be a "street racer" to have those mods either. But its the damn high school kids that ruin the scene.
                      All you can do for yourself is not break the law.
                      and they won't have a reason to pull you over

I'm not trying to defend myself or anything, just trying to get my point across. Just tired of people ****ting on my opinions whenever I start a topic.
                      Don't bitch about getting caught breaking the law. Especially when you get off so easy.
                      Wether or not you know you were speeding, you were. I'd bet that a car with a busted speedo wouldn't pass too many safety inspections. If thats the case they can pull your car right off the road.
                      Last edited by midnightblue97; 10-16-2003, 03:14 PM.
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

No offense but your car doesn't strike me as the type that is all "fixed up". Seriously though, broked speedo is no excuse for getting pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                          No offense but your car doesn't strike me as the type that is all "fixed up". Seriously though, broked speedo is no excuse for getting pulled over.
                          :rofl:
                          Tru dat.

Im sorry I didnt mean to put you down thats just my opinion about the situation. There are speed limits for a reason and you should definatley want to get the speedo fixed or expect more tickets. **** Im a girl and I dont even get off that easy.
                          Sagaris

Comment

Ive been pulled over my fair share. The cop walks up to the car and realizes that I have the most stock bland craptastic interior ever and I think thats about the time he decides to let me go.

The speed limit is not there for a reason studies have proven that in area's where the speed limit is high people drive safer.

I think it has to do with not fiddling with the radio while doing 90. If you are going really fast then all of your attention is gonna be on the road.

The limits are rediculus I take two roads everday. Where the limit is just way to obscenly low. One of them is a 4 lane highway strait as an arrow with no lights that has a 35mph speed limit, the avrege is at least 60 and if you do less then that everyone just gets really pissed off.
                            The other has a 50mph limit and I have never done the limit on that road. Crusin speed is 75, Im usually doing 80 though.

I blame old people for the craptastic speed limit.

The thing is that most cops just dont care, unless you cut someone off. You got stopped by a new guy or something so he was probubly tring to do everything by the book, an older cop would have never batted an eye.

I still want a 500hp road worrior, mmm horse power.
                            Last edited by zerocover; 10-16-2003, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
                              :rofl:
                              Tru dat.

Im sorry I didnt mean to put you down thats just my opinion about the situation. There are speed limits for a reason and you should definatley want to get the speedo fixed or expect more tickets. **** Im a girl and I dont even get off that easy.
                              just show ur boobs lol

Comment

Working...
                              X