Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

need to rent an engine hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to rent an engine hoist

hey does anyone in Ottawa know where i can rent a hoist?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Hey, I'm not in Eastern Canada, but I will try to offer some help.

Generally you need to go to an equipment rental place, the kind of place that rents out cranes and other stuff to construction companies. My best guess is just equipment rental or construction sections in the yellow pages.

The kind that would be easiest to deal with (in my opinion), would be the kind that comes apart, sometimes they call this a 7-piece (or so), which you would be able to put into the back of a large station wagon (Volvo, not a WRX wagon, though). They also may have "collapsable" kinds, which fold up, which might work. For the kind that's all bolted together, you may need to use a pickup truck.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Go to a place like NAPA even if they don't rent them I'd think they would know where you could.
      Or you might try Crappy tire, its a long shot, but it is nice to be able to borrow steering wheel pullers, etc.. from there.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Re: need to rent an engine hoist

Originally posted by Protoss
        hey does anyone in Ottawa know where i can rent a hoist?
        It's about time you do the DOHC swap on your protege. Did you do the rear brake conversion?
        I did the DOHC swap on my 323 two weeks ago. The car is pretty quick with all the work I did so far (ported/polished heads, 3 angle valve job, shaved head 0.018", ported/polished intake manfifold, knife edged intake manifold, regrinded cams).

BTW I still have the stock exhaust system from the 323, time to have it upgraded to 2" mandrel bent with a straight thru muffler.
        92 323 with BP DOHC
        ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Re: Re: need to rent an engine hoist

Originally posted by mike323
          It's about time you do the DOHC swap on your protege. Did you do the rear brake conversion?
          I did the DOHC swap on my 323 two weeks ago. The car is pretty quick with all the work I did so far (ported/polished heads, 3 angle valve job, shaved head 0.018", ported/polished intake manfifold, knife edged intake manifold, regrinded cams).

BTW I still have the stock exhaust system from the 323, time to have it upgraded to 2" mandrel bent with a straight thru muffler.
          yeah tell me about it... the brake conversion ran into a kink... the master cyl of the EGt i had was FUBAR. so i am waiting on the ProGT to get to my house so i can Get the Bp-me out, replace the master cyl, drop in the BP-DE, rewire the whole car,a nd then get the 4 disks on there.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Re: Re: Re: need to rent an engine hoist

yeah tell me about it... the brake conversion ran into a kink... the master cyl of the EGt i had was FUBAR. so i am waiting on the ProGT to get to my house so i can Get the Bp-me out, replace the master cyl, drop in the BP-DE, rewire the whole car,a nd then get the 4 disks on there.
            You know you can use your stock harness and just add two wires to it right? If you want I can help you with the wiring, it takes about 30 minutes. I have some wiring with the proper contacts so this wouldn't take too long to do, if you want we can meet, since we're about 1 - 1.5 hour apart.
            92 323 with BP DOHC
            ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

really... so i dont need to rewire the whole car? we'll have to meet up and you'll have to show me this.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

really... so i dont need to rewire the whole car? we'll have to meet up and you'll have to show me this.
                No, you don't need to rewire the car. Yes, we can meet up some day and I'll take care of your wiring.
                92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

execelent...

when it come to wiring i'm a total n00b... i can do the moving mechanical, heat dissaplasion, flame propagation, exaust/intake crap. but not wiring.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Working...
                  X