Protege LX 2.0 Eats a 99 Civic SiR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege LX 2.0 Eats a 99 Civic SiR

To put it blunt I just ate a 99 Civic SiR (Or for you Americano's a Civic Si) with My slightly modified Protege LX 2.0. Now Ive eten a few modded Canadian Si's before (or for the Americano's Civic DX) but this was the first SiR (Si).

2 Runs 1 roll on and 1 Trafic light.

Protege: 2

Civic: 0

Here's how it went down.

I was crusing home from a buddies, Its was just about 15 min ago so here in Montreal it was like 11:55pm. I was etering a tunnel on the 20 expressway (No cars on the road exept a few in the rearview) Im doing about 140klm (or 80-90mph aprox) and from behind a set of lights start pulling up directly behind me then pull to my left to start and pass me (I was in the middle of a 3 lane expressway) As he gets next to me I accelerate to keep him at bay. Usually cars break off after like 150klm, but he wouldnt let off. I brought 4th all the way to 185klm in the red line, and he wouldnt let off so I grabbed 5th & We keept accelerating until I got to 205klm (About 120mph) and finnaly started making good distace, but the express way morfed into a large main street shortly after the tunnel, and it was a red light. Finnally at 205klm and comming out the tunnel we bolth let off and brake for the light (As Im braking I can feel the brakes get pissed at me, and I got a little nervous, because they were pulsing, but not the good kind) I pumped them to try and keep them as cool as possible but still stop for the light, so @ the same time Im doing my best to rev match and down shift. All is well we pull next to eachother at the light, this is where I get a chance to scope his ride (full SiR specs, aero kit, tail lights, even rear brakes, [or Si for the Americano's]) he pulled a littled ahed before be bolth came to a stopp, but we lined up nicely. I couldnt make out in the window to well his were tinted, but I did see a guy around my age with a base ball cap all by himself (No dead weight excuses)

I kept her at 2500rpm, until I saw the crossing light turn yellow, and I punched her to 4000rpm, held her for a sec, and as soon as she turned green, I popped the clutch. I spun a tad, and let off slightly, but punched it when the wheels caught for another half sec, punched the clutch to grab second, and spun a bit more, this time I didnt let off the wheels caught almost instantly, I was already a car lenth ahead by 4000rpm in second (and she grabbed at 3000rpm after the shift) I had 2 or 3 car lenths by the time I let off in third, and I let off at 100klm (about 70mph) very shortly after grabing third. I get in my turning lane I had to wait for my turn signal, and he slowed next to me (I thought it was to say, "hey good run") but he didnt even look at me, It looked like he was looking at the LX 2.0 factory marks on te fenders.Must of been pissed to see a LX badge, and took off right after getting beside me, but he probably wont tell people about it, or say it was a Mazdaspeed, He he he.

Thats actually the fastest I have ever driven, I dont ever plan to do it again (I trafic light race all the time) but that was nuts. I wasnt event sure the Protege gould break 200klm (120mph) especially with the mild mods I got, but she sure can, and I wasnt going downhill.

I know they got more HP, but I got more torque

So far the Go-Fast Mods are:

Injen Cold Air Intake
    Carbon Fiben N1 exhaust with 2.5inch piping.
    Nology Hot wires
    Denso Iridium spark plugs

& Thats it (So Far)

I got plenty plans for the summer, and the local track will clock the improvements.

Im getting a GT4 Protege set up done, Im just never satisfied with the setting I have, but I will be soon, I hope.

Anyways, Thats My first kill for 2005, and It was the car I wanted to kill (I beat a bunch of Canadian Si's and got all proud only to find out the Canadian Si is really the american DX, and The SiR was the one to beat. Well its done now, At the Top end and the Low end. Civic

The SIR is a EG hatch with 170 hp stock. They are fast. Very fast. I have a front clip for sale, actually. He must be a horrible driver, or a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
      The SIR is a EG hatch with 170 hp stock. They are fast. Very fast. I have a front clip for sale, actually. He must be a horrible driver, or a liar.
      Well it was a Sedan, not the Hatch, Im not sure how much actuall "Skill" was involved in the High speed run, I mean, my foot was on the floor other then when I shifted, but not much skill needed, It was ALL car. This was where I was suprised, In a Pull from a light, I got more tork and will get to the power quicker, he relies on high revs for power and it takes time to get into the power, so from a Stop, It was a good match and I won. From the roll on, I thought he should of won (but he didnt) I also was expecting fuel cut to kick in, I got to 205klm, I didnt check the rpm's when I let off so Im not to sure where it was, but It didnt kick in, as I let off.

Im expecting the usual noise about, how it has to be a crumby driver, whoop te do. I dont think its a bad driver, every time a SiR get eaten. I was told I was a liar and or the other guy was a bad driver when I beat those Si's (DX for the Americano's) & thought they were American Si's (I didnt know the 2 contries differed in there models) but I still beat the 3 rides I wasnt BS'ing, I got no time for that. & last night I beat the SiR, and I know it was one as I knew what to look for as he pulled next to me.

Here is how it is, a Civic Sir (SI) got eaten by a Protege, instead of being Jerks and dissmissing this as a crapy driver (Witch by the way dont matter as a win is a win) because I would find it hard to beleve 4 Civic drivers in a row (3 Si's, 1 SiR) would all be bad drivers, Try being happy a Mazda Ate a Honda.

If you dont beleve me whoop te do, it dont matter, its still a Kill in my book (The one that counts, to me)

Other then That I ws pretty stoked afterwards, I was a little freaked out from the rush, (Im sure I got a good surge of adrenaline, I was twitching for like a hour 205klm is FAST)

What Im curious is weather or not the Canadial Protege LX 2.0 2002 modle has a fuel cut. I heard lots of stuff in bolth directions and people seem to think it depends on the year, but I got to 205klm and no cut (I didnt catch the Revs so I couldnt coment on thaT, BUT iM SURE IT WAS CLOSE IF not into the red line)

Anybody know if the Canadian Protege, and American versions differ in this area?
      Last edited by Rac3r_X; 05-03-2005, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I didn't call YOU a liar. I called the other guy a liar. I believe you beat the car you raced, I'm not questioning that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
          I didn't call YOU a liar. I called the other guy a liar. I believe you beat the car you raced, I'm not questioning that.
          Its all good, Im never spoke to him I dont think he was lying, as for a Si badged as a SiR, I check for rear brakes, all the Homos who put SiR badges still got DX's with rear drum brakes. So Im pretty sure it was a SiR, it had Alteza tails lights but in the 99 Civic locations, and there was no Riceroni on it, so nothing to lead me to beleve it wasnt a SiR.

There is a Guy on my steet who owns one, I havnt talked to him yet, I would race him, but his **** looks ****ed up, like he hit something while going around a corner, and various other misstreatings

Comment

awsome man, yea he had to be a horrible liar, or thought he had something special and never pushed it, The DX was the low end model the SI and SiR are the same. He prolly had a DX or equivillent, and just Baged it like every other moron. LOL Good sheit, MAzda wins..... AGAIN!
            Maroon 1995 Probe SE
            Beige 1994 Protege DX
            Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by maz94protege
              awsome man, yea he had to be a horrible liar, or thought he had something special and never pushed it, The DX was the low end model the SI and SiR are the same. He prolly had a DX or equivillent, and just Baged it like every other moron. LOL Good sheit, MAzda wins..... AGAIN!
              Check the rear breaks, if its A drum hes a homo with a fake badge, BUT if he has disk breaks in the rear, its the Si (SiR) I checked and he had them. (Im pretty sure he was pushing, I mean 205klm before I started to pull a little distance. and he was hungry hen we got to the light (Dont be fooled A Stock Si (SiR) has only 130lbs torque, and there 160hp, is at high revs (Takes time to get there) & when You look at them on a Dyno, they pull only around 124hp, & Stock Proteges put down around 105hp- 110hp, with the few mods Ive done, Im looking at at least 115hp in my Protege, a diference in 10hp, But I got more torque & I get to my power zone faster. If this doesnt spell out a good race to you, order speed vision and pull a 72hour straight racing marathon, hopefully at the end you will have more of an ability to distinguish one. He he he he he, but seriously a win is a win is a win is a win is a win. I dont think they would think it was cool if during the congradulation serimony for Nascar, the spray the winner with wine, but say, "You know you only one because the other Drivers sucked." There could be thousands of reasons as to why (The driver sucking included) for people to ALWAYS assume its a Bad driver is ridiculous, suck it uip as a Mazda win, and move to the next story, honestly if itthe other guy was a Bad driver, I wasnt that bad driver, and its the reason for the initial post.

So lets jus and injoy it, I got a half a mind to get a H with a line through it as a stamp to stamp my door for every Kill, but I would probably get eaten in every race after (Gotta love Karma) so I should be modest not cockey

Comment

a 99 isn't an EG

a 99 is an EK which would be a 99 2 dr coupe with a b16 in it. 160crank hp but like 110lbft (not real # just a guess) either way they have no tq and aren't the lightest cars either.
                00 dakota 4x4
                90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Originally posted by ne3ek
                  a 99 isn't an EG

a 99 is an EK which would be a 99 2 dr coupe with a b16 in it. 160crank hp but like 110lbft (not real # just a guess) either way they have no tq and aren't the lightest cars either.
                  Your right it is a Sedan, and again your right, they got squat for torque 130lbs stock, when I got 140lbs stock (But Im slighly Modded)

Its simply, a good match up.

Comment

Working...
                  X