ear piercing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ear piercing noise

okay in my car i have cdt fullranges.. and some cheap sony amplifier im borrowing from my friend.... and everything worked perfectly fine.. then me and a buddy hokoed up his alpine amp and sub in the car.. once we took that back out... whenever i would turn the volume up loud i would hear a pop from my right speaker and the sound would cut out untill i turned the cd palyer off then back on.... and it would last a few more sec. adn do it again if i dindt turn it off... it would also pop nad cut out when the passnager door would be shut.. i could slam the driver door as hard as i wanted and it wouldnt do it but. hwen hte passanger door shut it would cut out untill i turned off and back on the cd plyaer... so, i just went out 2 check my connections.. i pull off the right speaker and i notice the positive terminal ahs a bad connection so i fix that ( at this point the speaker is out of the door sittin on the car floor, and it works.. i can turn it up loud works perfect... i turn car off.. mount hte speaker.. and turn it on again.. and its working good, then i hear this Loud ear piercing siren noise.... so i turn the car off, pull hte speaker out, turn **** back on... working perfect.. go to put it back in the door and here is that loud piercing noise

bah.. idk i rotated the speaker around so the terminals are facing up and its fine for now.. idk..... lol

Comment

yep, the the speaker leads where probably grounding out.

Comment

Whenever you hear a loud whining noise that is a connection grounding out, any older car I would reccomend just re-wiring all the speakers. It's the easy, and effective to adding different speakers and head units.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

yah but how the hell do u re wire the speakers in the front door lol

Comment

here's a good tutorial for 3rd gens, to give you an idea of how it's done:
            Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
              yah but how the hell do u re wire the speakers in the front door lol

It's not as hard as it looks. Just run new wire through the existing grommet. Sometimes you have to shave a LITTLE off of the plastic on the plug to get it to cram through.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Working...
              X