Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phillips with first dual layer DVD recordable media! (8.5G)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips with first dual layer DVD recordable media! (8.5G)

Everything You Need To Know About DVD+RW January 4, 2021 This article has been just updated: January 4, 2021 We will make an assumption at the beginning of this article that most, if not all, of our readers have seen and perhaps even made use of a DVD. To further your knowledge of these convenient […]

This is as awesome as all awesomeness. Why, you ask? The current DVD writers are limited to 4.7G, and most DVD movies you buy at the store contain about 6-8G worth of data. This means you could now, in theory, back up your dvd movies onto one disc, while STILL remaining compatible with commercial DVD players.

I can't WAIT for this technology to come out!
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

*sigh*

Just another gadget I can't afford...
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Except you still will have to use trickery to get around the copyright protection embedded in DVDs.

Not that it's very hard, but still - copying of DVDs SHOULD BE LEGAL. Under personal use laws, it actually IS legal - but the production companies get around the law by just incorporating technology like Macrovision, etc.

Prickos

~HH

Comment

A friend of mine backups up his DVDs now, but he has to span them across two discs. Hella-lame. I'm sure there will be utilities out there to decrypt the dvd's. ****, if they supported a dual-layer burn in Clone DVD, that's about all you'd need
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
        X