Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter tire storage

The search function was made use of.
    So aside from cleaning the bitches up good, what else should I do to store these things?? Should I deflate them for example?? Or just put them in garbage bags and keep them out of the sun??
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

According to Wes@Tirerack, store tires flat in groups of two, one on top of the other. He also suggests putting them in a black, plastic trash bag for protection in a nice cool spot away from electric motors. Storing tires upright can lead to flat spots. For more information, check out Wes' comments at:

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

word, maybe my parents will let me store them in the cold room.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Re: Wes's comments about "gives them their own happy atmosphere in which to hibernate" - don't forget a teddy bear - one per tire :rofl:

I store mine in the basement, on top of each other ( all four ), keeping the same pressure ( ~34PSI ) I use to drive on them. They sit on top of a wooden spacer that came with some bedroom furniture - looks like a cross base with some planks on top. This way I get the ventilation going.

They sit away from heat / humidity sources.Haven't had a problem for 2 summers now.

BTW, my dad used to have a steel walled outside garage with concrete floor and underfloor standing room / storage. Great to work on the car, as you don't need to lift it - you stand under it. The side spaces ( under where the wheels are ) would be enclsosed storage. Sometimes they would have standing water - the best place to store tires, funny enough...
        '03 P5, midnight blue, 5spd, K&N A/F, swiss cheese air intake, bumper and trunk guards.

Comment

Working...
        X