harness and headunit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harness and headunit ?

ok i've already got an aftermarket headunit it's an aiwa one now i have my brothers old pioneer headunit. ok i was wondering if i need to get a new harness to switch out the units or can i use the same one? (95' pro dx) main reason i want to switch headunits is because i have all pioneer speakers at the moment and i'd just like to be able to have all one brand in the car. anything yall can tell me would probably help. and please keep it simple i'm alittle slow i do body work not electronic stuff (would it be better to keep or swap headunits anyways? going from aiwa cdc-x2o4 to a pioneer deh-2300 which is better over all)
    Last edited by Distractedfrog; 05-07-2005, 11:15 AM.
    Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

if whoever installed your deck used a harness adapter and you still have the harness that came with your brothers deck doing the swap will be pretty straightforward.

what you need to do is take your deck out of the car in the back of it you should see the harness that is plugged into your deck spliced into a harness adapter then clipped into the stock mazda harness.

unclip the harness from your deck and the stock harness from the adapter. then cut the wires inbetween the addapter and your decks harness. match up and splice together the wires from the harness that came with your brothers deck to the harness adapter. plug everythign back in and that should do it.

as far as wich deck would be better, thats up to your personal preference. others may be able to help here.

Comment

alright man cool, thanks for help yeah i'm still trying to figure out if i want to switch them or not. thanks agian
      Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

protegewill is right on with how to reuse the adapter harness you already have.

as for the desire to keep it all one brand, there is no point to that, unless you plan to try and get sponsored by that brand, which i'm sure is not your goal. pick whatever works for your needs and budget when it comes to car audio

Comment

Working...
        X