so it begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so it begins

here are some pics....not alot done so far...just pulled it down some and cleaned it all up and changed the water pump, cleaned the inside of the oil pan with castrol super clean.
    Attached Files
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

when i was installing the oil pick up on the oil pump one of the bolts broke and i cant get it out.....i need an easy out....
    Attached Files

More Information

Comment

Is there an easy way to clean the silicon off the oil pan?

Nice engine stands btw. Charles doesn't wanna let me use his.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
        Is there an easy way to clean the silicon off the oil pan?

Nice engine stands btw. Charles doesn't wanna let me use his.
        i just used a wood chesel that i sharpend like mad ant the dilicone came right off....i got some blue RTV silicone junk to reinstall it with...

the engine stand makes life sooooo much easier...

More Information

Comment

well i have everything except the timing stuff, throtle body, and the oil pump on....im waiting on the pump from Ryan to show up....maybe thursday?....but i got all the engine and tranny stuff together... tommarow is the swap....then its gunna be towed to the exhaust shop on wednesday...the towed home when they are done and if the pump is here ill install it and fire her up....on with the pics....
          Attached Files

More Information

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

redfox, how did you fix your block/piston damage issues and how much did that run you?

Comment

Nice job so far! *subscribes*
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

wow that some realy good work
                  2012 Kia rio
                  2009 Nissan Frontier
                  1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

very nice.... hehehe I see a box of Dew in teh background, he must be preparing for a long hard days work swappin.

Oh and did you get that bolt out? You could always try to use a dremel with a metal cut off disc or something to grind a slot into the bolt (permitted its not too deep in the hole).... where you could then fit a flat bladed screw driver and turn it to get it out....

oh and good luck with teh swap.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Is that a NA head???

93' 5spd DX
                      R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                        redfox, how did you fix your block/piston damage issues and how much did that run you?
                        i bought Carlin (300ZXgame) blosck he had for sale

Originally posted by protegebob
                        Is that a NA head???
                        GTX

i think the tranny is dead.....i installed it and i can find the gears but its not easy at ALL to get them in and the car wont roll even witht eh ebrake off and the tranny in what i would think to be neutral(hard to find with as bad as the shifing is :\ )....:\ my old F tranny wont hold if i have to use it...
                        Last edited by redfox; 05-11-2005, 03:22 AM.