How long do MP3 springs last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do MP3 springs last?

I'm thinking about buyin a used set of springs that have 20,000 miles on them & wanna know how much longer do ya think they'll last before being replaced.

bump

Comment

It sounds like an odd question, because I've never heard of stock springs needing to be replaced. Usually it's the struts that wear out to the point of needing to be replaced. But anyone that knows better may correct me on that.

Comment

iono man, your probably right

Comment

springs usually last pretty long, but I guess it would depend on who made them . Some areas have ruff winters so you may see a little rust on them , but that may just only be exterior
          B
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

the mp3 that i have are holding up pretty good
            if that may help with your descision:D

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
              the mp3 that i have are holding up pretty good
              if that may help with your descision:D
              I read your post about that. http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/sho...threadid=30318

Anyway I'm buying them from Doomer_MP3 on Protege Club/MS Protege.

Comment

Originally posted by forever nothing
                I read your post about that. http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/sho...threadid=30318

Anyway I'm buying them from Doomer_MP3 on Protege Club/MS Protege.
                good choice man
                Congrats!
                lets party

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Usually it's the struts that go out first. I don't think you'll have any problems...the Racing Beat springs are very high quality.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Racing Beat designed not built spings. I also have a pair of used MP3 springs on my es. they tighten up the suspension, which is what I wanted. I still have the OEM sturts cause I didn't want to feel everything in the road and also have to replace the sway bars while inhareting the MP3 "Clunck". If you need a set of compression tools, I have the ones I bought and I don't think I'll use them again. Very easy to use, LMK if you interested in buying them so you can do the install yourself.
                    "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

Comment

Your springs will outlast the car.
                      95 Civic Ex. Blah.

Silver MSP coming soon.

Comment

How long does it take a fender to Rust?
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by ratt_finkel
                          Your springs will outlast the car.
                          depends on the car.

springs WILL eventually go a bit softer, just from being used for years and years. Not a huge difference.

20,000 miles? they'll be perfect.
                          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES
                          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

too bad though..I already bought doomers MP3 Springs...lol...i recvd them on Monday....they will be installed after i buy my MSP struts...getting them for $250 brand new..what a deal!!!!

Comment

mackdaddyslammo,
                              Good to see you got them. I couldn't figure out how the hell to make sure other than tracking numbers since protegeclub appears to be ... Later.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X