Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic to standard

as the subject says.

How hard is this conversion? I found an awesome 91 323 with power steering ( I didnt know 91's had this) for only like 500 dollars. I want a project 323 to drop a BPT into, and I figured since I would use the LX tranny anyways, what else would I need to convert?

I searched but no such luck.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

I don't know from personal experience, but I hear it's not worth the time and money that would go into it.
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

If you have all the parts and can do the labour its free. Is it really easyno, not really. It can be done and would take something like 20hrs. Just make sure teh ECUs are the same.

Comment

ok to swap Trannies, her ar looking at swapping a couple ofter things too

Axles, your going to need new ones for the manual tranny,
        Bell housing, some people swap this too, i would suggest it,
        ECU, yep gotta switch that,
        wiring harness for the new ECU
        Speedo cable,
        the shifter assembly,
        shifter linkages,
        pedal assemblies,
        you will need a clutch,

i cant remember if you need a new master cylinder or not.... i know you need a new one if you do a 4 disk conversion.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          ok to swap Trannies, her ar looking at swapping a couple ofter things too

Axles, your going to need new ones for the manual tranny,
          Bell housing, some people swap this too, i would suggest it,
          ECU, yep gotta switch that,
          wiring harness for the new ECU
          Speedo cable,
          the shifter assembly,
          shifter linkages,
          pedal assemblies,
          you will need a clutch,

i cant remember if you need a new master cylinder or not.... i know you need a new one if you do a 4 disk conversion.
          Ouch too much work. Ah well, just a thought. Well if anyone wants a good 323 auto in the dallas area, lemme know, The dude wants 500.00. Sounded awesome, I looked at it and it was pretty good. email me if you have any questions about it, or want a good beater.

NotArrogant@yahoo.com

Comment

welp, speed costs money! don't have the money, don't have the speed. i don't have the money, so i don't have the speed , never will till i get another car, there's too much to repair on my car. got any leads on a cheap 2003 car.. bout 5000'ish lol
            peace

Comment

I'll look, but about the only thing you will find in the 5 grand 2003 year model will be messed up or need major repairs.

Comment

Working...
              X