sig pics

Attached Files
    '98 ES - For Sale!

Attached Files
    '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Wow R u ok man?

Comment

Yeah, it actually wasn't me and it looks worse than it is. I got the car this way. My brother's girlfriend rearended a pickup at about 10 mph - wasn't even enough to make the airbags go off Now it's mine and I'm in the process of repairing it. The second pic is it's current state.
        '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

I was actually looking at buying a protege with the same amount of damage 97 lx i think 5 speed. But i wasnt sure if i would get over my head with the repairs...Jon

Comment

Yeah, I've never done anything like this, but I also am pretty confident I won't have a problem with it. The trickiest part is going to be welding the new radiator support on which is the stage I'm at now. I got the old one off (a few bolts and 70 spot welds) pretty quick, but getting the new one on is going to take me a bit. I want to make absolutely sure it's on straight and the rest of the car is straight before I lay down any bead. I'm probably just paranoid, but I'd really like this project to be a success and it hinges on this one piece as everything else bolts to it. I've attached a pic of the new one laying in between the old one which I hacked in two pieces to ease removability...

Edit: Made pic a little bigger as it was not easy to see...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by lotsacars; 10-14-2003, 05:40 PM.
            '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Awesome. Yeah dude thats what scared me also the rad support was bent in and the rad was almost hitting the motor. Let me know how it goes for u Goodluck

Comment

Yeah, mine was bent in but didn't actually hit the engine. Here's a link to a few BIG pics of when I first got it.

See ya!

Luc
                '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Better progress pic...
                  Attached Files
                  '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

fixed pic...
                    Attached Files
                    '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

finally good job..

Comment

Thanks. It's actually been done for awhile now...like 5K miles. I've just been lazy in getting a pic up here
                        '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

aight, it's time to change your signature also cuz it says "95% repaired".
                          do you have any plans for the car?

Comment

Well, the front end actually isn't painted yet. The hood and bumper came flat black and the grill came primer which I rattle-canned Mazda black. It's hard to tell in the pic that everything's not painted correctly. It's even hard to tell in person when it's the slightest bit dirty (which this time of year is 24/7.) I've attached a bigger pic of the front end. It's more obvious the front end is lacking a bit of sheen

No real plans for the car - it's really just the daily driver for my wife. The only mod currently is the JDM headlights which you can see in the pic. However, I'm going to be putting them up for sale as soon as I get ahold of a stock passenger side headlight. I've run short on cash to get it painted (had to drop ~$1300 on parts to get 'er back on the road ) and need the money for paint. Kinda blows but what can you do?
                            Attached Files
                            '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

woot, I saw the JDMs and was like...
                              how much do you want for 'em? I can trade you mine plus some cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X