stab my dealership in the face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stab my dealership in the face?

so i have a little bit of an issue with my dealership. over the past month, or so, my tranny (as per my assumption) has been dying/locking up.

about 1 of 10 times, my car will not shift out of first gear when i start up.. and twice, in the past 2 weeks, it's downshifted while in 4th gear, on the highway...

i brought my car to the dealership, today, to have it checked out, and they told me they couldn't find anything... i believe it cuz it is pretty random and they'd have to drive it for a few days before it'd happen to them.

now my issue with their decision is that when my car downshifted on the highway, i lost control of my car, briefly, and if that happens again (oh, lets say in one of our winter storms), i'll probably slide out of control and die.

how should i approach them?? is this something that's out there?? they refuse to put in a new tranny unless if they have some physical proof by their techs (who would lie to save a dime) or until my car's comp registers an error... but i don't wanna get in an accident or run my tranny in the ground cuz my warranty is almost up (mileage).

i have a 2001 Pro lx2.0, AT.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Ask for a new car, because any mishaps that god forbid might happen to you are going to be their, and Mazda's liability. I do not see why in the world they would want to tarnish Mazda's image.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

that's what i figured..
      i asked to speak to the manager, but he wasn't around.

so i'm going to call Corporate Mazda, Canada, tomorrow and see what I can do.... maybe if i just go from up-down, that would work.. i deal better with high-level professionals than i do with low-level managers, anyways.

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Hehe, did you check the fluid level?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

actually. i had it changed like 6 months ago, or so.... so it's in prime condition

RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

about the past week or so when i start from a complete stop mt car just wont go, its happened to me about 3 times in the past week or 2.

so i have no other shoice but to put my car in the shop sooon, its still under warranty for another 2 years and 20k more miles either my transmission is slipping, or i think one of my spark plugs is misfiring, cuz it only happens when i take off, i have same car,
            year/model/make

2001 4dr lx. 2.0 Auto

Comment

ya man!
              bring it in and see if your dealership is better than mine..
              mine just gave me the "We're not going to buy a $6000 part on your word that it's not working"
              which is understandable.. but it's totally anomalous and random, so it's not my fault that it's not working.

but when you bring it in, post an update and let me know what the result was (took them 3-4 hours to get back to me)

RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

just a little update.

i spoke with the service manager and he contacted Corp. Mazda about my car. He called me back and informed me that they're ordering a TPS for my car (Throttle Position Sensor)... which, really, makes a lot of sense.
                if it actually happened often enough to enough of the cars, there'd be a recall (so the manager says)

RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                X