Rear Disc instead of Drums???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Disc instead of Drums???

what will i have to do in order to pull rear disc instead of my drums in the rear 1 97 pro???
    Chillac has been there... I think

there have been a lot of threads about this. 1st option is to look for a 2nd gen ES. 2nd and last option would be to look for a 1990 - 1994 1st gen LX with the 1.8 L engine. take the spilndles, rotors, calipers, brake line, and parking cables. you wont need the bolts from the 1st gen but rather if you remove the bolts from your 2nd gen cleanly then you are going to have to reuse them (this part about the bolt i am not sure but rather how i understood it from PM's from a member who has done this)

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Never mind thatz too much work i'll just get my slotted rotors and call it a day

Comment

..Is that why you aren't considering a 5 speed swap? or engine swap? or anything else that requires more than peeling the cardboard back off of the gtr stickers? :p:

92 Protege DX - Sold.
        91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
        95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
        96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
        90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
        98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
          ..Is that why you aren't considering a 5 speed swap? or engine swap? or anything else that requires more than peeling the cardboard back off of the gtr stickers? :p:
          haha
          95 ES
          05 S60R

Comment

ha ha ha funny but no its not that at all. Im a college student and i have No MONEY....... To do such a thing if i did i would have been got an engine swap cuz i have people who can do it.... Unless you'll spot me the money i'll truly appreicate if not........ :suckie:

Comment

whatever man, listen there are alot of people on here that are college students as well, myself included, but my point is that all the questions you've been asking have been answered with "this topic has covered numerous times" and most people are nice enough to answer anyway, but its just a simple courtesy to do some research on your own 'cause i've seen these questions asked before and it's just annoying to see it discussed over and over.
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

And you have to learn to do somethings yourself, especially if you don't have much money.

Believe me, I understand being broke, but that only encourages me to get out and experiment, and learn to do more and more things on my own.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
                96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
                98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
                  Huge Burn!

Comment

Slotted rotors will not help you any, I think they are a big waste of money
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                      Slotted rotors will not help you any, I think they are a big waste of money
                      with a decreased surface area, you're actually increasing stopping distances

they have higher operating temperatures, which is good for pads that require high operating temperatures... but in our case it does more harm than good
                      and it'll wear your pads out quicker

about the only good thing it does is offer a better 'initial bite'

a set of the OEM brembo rotors will do ya good
                      with a set of KVR pads
                      dont bother with the KVR rotors, they're 2x the cost and not worth it
                      stay with OEM brembos

Comment

i get what you're all saying and i did research b4 i came on the site and most of my question were still not answer. its good to experience yes but its smarter to ask some body who has been through it already, so that i won't make the same mistake they made. for example, if i slap sumthing new on my car n then some one on da forum tell me my car is going to exploded because of it. that was a waste. see where i'm coming from???

Comment

Working...
                        X