Thought Matrix are fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought Matrix are fast?

Today after work I came across this Toyota Matrix ( Xr5 or XrS) I's not really sure but the one with the stock body kit and rims. He has greddy muffler and the engine sounded like he had atleast an intake system. Anyways, I was at a stop waiting for the green light and this Matrix dude next to me was revving and stairing at my KnN filter powered P5. I was not planning on racing anyone especially not on the p5. ( I really think p5's are very slow until...) Light turned green and he took off and for some reason my foot felt very heavy and I couldn't let go of the gas pedal. We were head on, on my first gear and I shifted first to 2nd gear. I looked at him and heared his VVTLI or VVTI kicked in then he shifted to 2nd. It's weird because I thought they're fast like they would just smoke me but end up we were just head on until my 2nd gear redline. I couldn't go any faster because the area that we were racing is were the cops loves giving out them tickets and I just got a ticket at the same spot last month so I slowed down. He probably think that he smoked my p5 because he looked happy when he was making a right at the light but who cares i just wanted to see how fast those cars go and I am very disappointed and very happy w/ my p5.

I'm thinking the Matrix is probably automatic or maybe he messed up on his launch because they should be way, way faster than a stock p5.

Bro...you are the only person i know that thought MATRIX's are fast..lol

Comment

I mean faster than my p5 or atleast faster than the 99 civic Si's.

Comment

the Matrix has 40hp more than your P5 but 8ft.lbs of torque less, na dit weights almost 100lbs. more.
        If they would had made the AWD, a 5spd he woulda won.
        Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
        you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Legos aren't fast...
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

I laughed when I saw the title :rofl:
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Matrix = not t3h fast

Comment

Who thought a Matrix was fast?
                ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

THE JOKE IS A BIT OLD NOW THANKS
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

wait until third gear, and the matrix will say bye bye to the p5.

i've raced a celica gts w/ my 1.8L 02 sentra. up to second gear, the gts pulled 3/4 of a car, then 3rd...the gts pulled hard.
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                    X