Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 protege SE Cluster/gauges

Alright,

I just moved to the city with my little standard 97 protege. I'm finding it very hard to drive in with rush hour traffic without a tach. So right now I have the current setup of gauges and want to add a tach to it. I like the tach from the 95-96 cluster of the protege but I want to keep my digital odometer and speedometer where it is at right now. So I was wondering, if I got my hands on a 95-96 cluster and took the tach and the fuel/temp gauges out and swaped them into my cluster sohow if that would work?

Or better yet, if you guys can think of anther way to get a tach in there I'd love to hear it. I'd like to stay away from putting gauges on my a-arm or mounting them anywhere on the dash.

Thanks.

Jimmy
    Attached Files

very plug and play...should work no problem

Comment

97 - 98 clusters are different from the 95 - 96

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Best bet is to go to a junkyard and find a cluster w/ mileage close to yours. As beetle mention 95-96 and 97-98 cluster are totally different. Swapping of the tach is not worth the trouble of even trying.

Related thread #1
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Working...
        X