Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnetic/regular switch to kill ignition/starter, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnetic/regular switch to kill ignition/starter, etc.

As of right now i'm not trusting my alarm 100% as everybody knows that alarms have the built in starter kill via relay, etc. So i'm wondering about doing a switch of sorts to either kill the ignition/start/fuel from a not close to under the steering wheel area, etc. Is there something on the ECU that i can get to, to say put a switch in and it'll do what i want and at the same time be hard to trace back since its from the ecu?! Thanks for listening to my wild ideas!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

you can make a fuel cut off switch by splicing an extension to the power wire for the fuel pump,(under the rear seat)... slap a switch on and place it where ya like!
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
      you can make a fuel cut off switch by splicing an extension to the power wire for the fuel pump,(under the rear seat)... slap a switch on and place it where ya like!
      Fast response and smart with a easy mod! U get a cookie!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

one of the members made a how-to on that, if i remember clearly.

Comment

You could also use this same method on the starter instead of the fuel pump (my personal preference) so it wouldn't even crank.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6614
            You could also use this same method on the starter instead of the fuel pump (my personal preference) so it wouldn't even crank.
            Both you say? Well aren't you just so smart!

Comment

I agree with Jnorion, b/c if they sit there cranking and cranking it trying to get it to start it will kill the battery and continue to turn over but not run b/c of no fuel. Where as no starter, it will only sit there and click like its dead.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yeah starter is a better idea i agree but that means i gotta go wire searching again!

Comment

nah, just hit up the FSM in pdf and figure out which wire in the connectors on the starter is the signal from the ignition and splice that one under the steering column. Install your kill switch where ever you want to hide it and call it a day.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

if you have an alarm with a starter kill look under the steering column to find the big fat wire that they spliced into for the alarm...that would be your starter wire....**** the starter...there are ways to get the car started if they want to steal it that bad....but a switch inline of the power wire to the coil...
                    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.