bpt in dx auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bpt in dx auto?

hey guys, I guess all my tinkering is getting me no where so I think I would like to do the old bpt trick. I don't know how big of a bugger it will be to swap since I have a dx with an auto trans. Any advice?
    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

other than needing alot of patience.....no
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the swap will cost you more money than you think it will cost you.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

drop chevy 350 in that mofo!

lol my mechanic and i are going to get my engine right, so were driving down this big empty road, he says " HAY, we could drop one of these engines in your car!" he floors it (were in a dodge truck, like late 70's, but it has a BARACUDDA ENGINE!!!) the thing hauled ass man. i shoulda done it.
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
          drop chevy 350 in that mofo!

lol my mechanic and i are going to get my engine right, so were driving down this big empty road, he says " HAY, we could drop one of these engines in your car!" he floors it (were in a dodge truck, like late 70's, but it has a BARACUDDA ENGINE!!!) the thing hauled ass man. i shoulda done it.
          it would be cool if it would FIT! a 2.2L F2T engie only fits if you cut into the fender. a chevy 350 + tranny is to big, and unless you want the shell out 4 or 5 grand to do a RWD conversion, and then extend the engine bay of your car, another 2 grand!! keep dreaming
          Last edited by Protoss; 10-15-2003, 02:04 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

but what would you do it you saw me witting there, chipping paint, bumper stickers, looking like crap... you see 2 3 inch exhaust pipes, the really ricey ones, sticking out the back. you'd think, im gonna own this prick. you pull up next to me, and rev your engine... i look, smile, and BOOM, flames shoot out the sidepipes you didnt notice!! my car shakes, and so does yours.

would you not **** you pants? i'd call it the trojan horse.

its not possible in a million years, but still, its nice to dream.
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

its not possible in a million years, but still, its nice to dream.
              but you see, there is the GTR. which does fit and has the potential to do 350whp.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

aye, that it does! or take a reqular bp dohc, and strap a t3/t4 on it!!!! bet you could get 350 there too!
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

aye, that it does! or take a reqular bp dohc, and strap a t3/t4 on it!!!! bet you could get 350 there too!
                  If you just strapped on a T3/t4 you would have 0hp, because you would have blown it. See in order not to melt your internals and blow your block, you would have to start swapping stuff, for more stronger interals, like say GTR internals, then you would need a standalone, knock sensors, and the vj23 is a big turbo. by the time you are finished, you might have been better off with swapping a GTR. (this is if you have goals of 350whp)

how hard is it to swap in a Bp-det into an auto? Well there might be a few ECU qwirks. it will probalby go like any other swap.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                    If you just strapped on a T3/t4 you would have 0hp, because you would have blown it. See in order not to melt your internals and blow your block, you would have to start swapping stuff, for more stronger interals, like say GTR internals, then you would need a standalone, knock sensors, and the vj23 is a big turbo. by the time you are finished, you might have been better off with swapping a GTR. (this is if you have goals of 350whp)

how hard is it to swap in a Bp-det into an auto? Well there might be a few ECU qwirks. it will probalby go like any other swap.
                    no on internals
                    yes on standalone
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

did they even make the turbo cars with an auto? If not, the ecu out of a car with manual trans won't have the info burned for an auto would it? Don't know, I'm a hell of a lot better at v8's and body work. lol. Thanks for the help guys.
                      I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

I don't know how well your auto would hold up with a bpt. You could run the BPT off of a LX auto ECU, but it's not really recommended.

It would be a lot easier (and possibly cheaper) to find a 5-spd LX and buy the whole car, and go from there. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but sadly true
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

That's kind of what I expected. Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss

nah, if u can get gtr internals, or otherwise forged/strong internals and put them in ur na block and head, itll be better...adam ended up swapping an na head into his gtr

Comment

there was 1 auto bpt setup.. thats what i remember being told. and by the way, it was only the lx bp head that adam swapped onto his gtr engine.. less restrictive . i would really be interested to slap a gtx motor into my car, i know nothing about the schematics of it nor the details, except that a guy i talked to said it would be costly, but i could get a manual conversion for my car.. price tag being MORE than i could SELL the car for. i mean, i keep dumping money into my car, knowing i won't get it back, but there is absolutely NO logical reason for me to do a conversion.. better off buying an lx manual as a platform. i mean, it's great that people ask, i mean i ask just to know most of the time, but when it comes to major engine upgrades bro (ie complete turbo, NOS, different internals, motor swaps), you've got to realize, unless you've got the money and the time, you can't do it right! you can certainly learn, but you have to go the extra mile to achieve these things. i mean, i think most of you new guys just assume that you can spend 500 bucks and slap 30 to 40 hp on your car like you can on a honda or a nissan. not so in our case, simple as that . kinda sucks, but hey, these cars are ALOT of fun to drive. at anyrate
                              peace

Comment

Working...
                              X