X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber from Corksport?

Found this advertised on their website:

Stock Style Carbon fiber hood

Molds are created from original car hoods to assure an exact fit, And manufactured with GENUINE black carbon fiber laid over a fiberglass frame. The hoods are approx 50% lighter than regular OEM hoods. The factory latches are fabricated with steel strike points and reinforced fiberglass to ensure strength. No hood pins or other accessories required for installation, but can be installed if you prefer. The hoods are made to order and require 1-3 weeks for completion.

Hrm...I want to contact them when I have time if this is a custom made part, and if so, group buy possibly?
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

again

it was attempted way back on protegeclub and again last year, I'm not sure how it ended up, its in this thread

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...hood+group+buy
    95 ES
    05 S60R

Comment

Haha, I know all about that. Thus is the new thread discussing a brand new attempt at getting C/F hoods made for our model.
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Yeah, go for it. I'm interested, althought I cannot put a lot of money down right now.

Comment

yeah i would say go ahead as well...

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

yea, i'd definitly be interested...

Mods:
            JDM Headlights + Corners
            JDM Tailights
            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
            Shaved Side Mouldings
            Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
            Cone Filter
            KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
            E-Bay front strut bar
            Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
            40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
            and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Me to preferably one with a functional ram air slot, but anything is better than stock.

Comment

just emailed corksport, lets see what they say.

Mods:
                DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Posting reply from corksport

Hello

Thank you for your input on this subject. It seems hoods for 95-98 and headlights for 99 on up are fairly high on peoples Protege wish list. We are trying to get some things going for these cars, hoods being a little more feasible cost wise. However we do not have the resources to do anything right now. Hopefully we will have time/money by the end of summer to do something.
                  Your comments are always appreciated and the more we get the better our idea on the interest level Mazda owners.

Regards
                  Travis

Mods:

Comment

Build it and they shall come...

Comment

yeah i might want to get alittle bit of that action too, so long as it doesn't brake my bank
                      Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

Working...
                      X