rear strut bar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear strut bar ?

Has anyone installed a rear srut bar?I've looked in my trunk and it looks like I would have to cut my plastic lining in the trunk to install.Is this right?

Not only plastic, but the metal too. PM Bruce regarding this as well as coilovers. Bruce installed his rear strut bar last year, but I do not think that info ever got transferred to this forum. He also used to have coil-overs a while back, so he can give you feedback about them as well. Goodluck.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

SO where does one find a rear strut bar for the g2? I've been looking but I only find bars for the front.

What kind of clearence does it give the bottom of the rear package shelf? I've got a small amp mounted underneath, between the rear speakers...it kind of sticks out a little.

Comment

Originally posted by davens
        SO where does one find a rear strut bar for the g2? I've been looking but I only find bars for the front.

What kind of clearence does it give the bottom of the rear package shelf? I've got a small amp mounted underneath, between the rear speakers...it kind of sticks out a little.
        I could be wrong, but I think Ractive actually made a rear bar for our cars.
        If I'm wrong, then you can just pick one up from wherever and use that.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          I could be wrong, but I think Ractive actually made a rear bar for our cars.
          If I'm wrong, then you can just pick one up from wherever and use that.
          Ractive used to say that they do, but it does not fit ours car at all. Not only you would need a Dremel to place it in, you would also need to redrill the mounting holes on the bracket to install it correctly. Bruce dremeled his car, and he used the same bar in the rear as he did in the front. But as I said, PM Bruce about it. I am sure he even got some pics of it as well.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Get the best of SEO, WordPress, and Blogging with detailed guides, reviews, and comparisons articles. With our insightful articles select the right products and follow our tested strategies to grow your business.

you will need to sign in to imagestation ..

The rear bar is a ractive strut bar.
            I had to drill the holes in the bar so it would mount over the strut mounts.
            More info is on the site.
            A how to will be on my webpage. once the site is finished being redone..
            Bruce
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X