Professionally lowered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professionally lowered...

hi all, i just got done getting an estimate from les schwab to get my 2000 protege lowered. i was wondering how much some of you guys paid to get your cars lowered. also, did you guys need a camber kit after lowering your car? the guy who i talked to said it would cost me $768.55. seems a little much to lower a car 1.5 inches, but i dont know much about cars/suspension.

price breakdown:
    294.90 eibach prokit springs
    120.00 suspension labor
    69.95 wheel alignment
    82.84 camber kit
    140.00 camber labor

The springs can be had for around $200, no need for a camber kit, wheel alignment sounds right. Just install them yourself, it is a very easy job to do.

Comment

If you want to save money, get the parts from ebay. If you don't like ebay, tirerack.com has the springs for about $230.

If you're mechanically inclined you can install them yourself. The only special tool you need is a spring compressor which you can get at Autozone (rent it). But if you have no idea what you're dealing with you might as well save yourself the pain and pay the shop to install them for you.

Agreed on the camber kit - there's no need for one.

BTW, those prices seem reasonable (except the springs). Shop around and see if you can find someone to install the springs for less.

Comment

my advice would be to forget the camber and do struts while you're lowering.

Comment

I got the entire thing done at Les Schwab for $475 two years ago.

Comment

i got mine done for 260 out the door. shocks, springs, install, and replaced rear end links
            02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

Where?

Comment

hillside auto its in connecticut
                02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

I went the cheap way and installed them myself w/help. I did not need any special tools. This was the second suspension I have worked on in my entire life.

The 1st was my caddy and I did the entire protege in about 1hr between beer & cigs, for just the springs. Its not nessesary to change or add anything else.

The springs come out easily and they go in easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X