First night racin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First night racin

I'm totaly not in the whole "street racing" thing.. think it's stoopid... cars arent made to go in a ****ign striahgt line.. gr.. well a newcomer to our car club also owns a first gen, and he insisted we all go way out of town to a race tonight.. lotsa cars 'spose to show up and there should be some good racing.. we said ok. head out there, show up about 12:15 am.... only like 7 other cars there... a few show up later.. to get things goin my bud decides to start it off racin i think a 90 accord... he smoked it.. yadda yadda... everyone wanted to see the two protege's go at it, so we both agreed.. we were'nt goina 1/4 mile, it was set if you're behind and know u cant catch, just pull off.. DUH.. well... i smoked his ass comin off the line, amazed everyone, we were right with each other the whole time, but he crept past me in 4th as we're both going just about 95mph... it was fun... all he had done was a custom exhaust.. and bigger ignition wires... all i had done was some kick ass mazdaspeed racin pedals lol... he beat me. i knew he had me once he got his nose about 4 feet in front of mine.. lol.. i wouldnt catch him

then i raced the same accored... smoked him aswell. we were all suprised by that

later i raced two eclipe's..... the first i beat hands down.. the second was close but i still got him...

i beat all four cars off the line which totaly impressed all my friends and even myself.. so for my first time drag racing, i did damn well.... but i'll stick to hills with turns thank you very much... i'm gonna post vids as soon as we get em off my buds camera..
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

what do you have

2000 White Protege LX
    Sumitomo 195/60HR14
    2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
    Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
    Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
    Kenwood Music Keg
    Black Widow Keyless Entry
    Intake- Custom SRI
    Clear Corner Lights
    APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

congrats on the runs.....
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

thanks d323... i'm running bone stock 92 pro. everyone says it's a bp05, but the sticker says bp01... when i got it, it was said to have had a prototype motor in it.. so i really have no friggin clue what it is... ppl guess it's goin about 120-130hp
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

122 or 125 at the crank, depending on details. definitely not a prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
            122 or 125 at the crank, depending on details. definitely not a prototype.
            what do you mean?

oh.. and check this out. It was funny... I'm headin back into salem from keizer (neighboring town) and im on a street where the left lane merges with the right.. this 00' neon passes me with alot of speed. it's got alot of grad crap on it. congrats btw i guess lol.. we coem to a red light. it stops in the elft lane still, and i pull up on the right. im thinking, this @$$ aint gettin in front of me for sure.. left merging right.. not uh.. being tall (6'2) i cant quite see the light so i crouch a lil and watch the cross road lights.. the go yellow.. i rev my engine just enough so im not rolling backwards anymore.. light goes green, that mofo brought out a crap of wheelsping, and i took it like nothin... my wheels barely barked.. and had little to no wheelspin.. it was funny.. i had a smile ear to ear after that lol... never once went over speed limit wich was 35

Comment

the BP motors are rated at either 122 or 125 crank hp, depending on which model you have, and the motor definitely isn't a prototype.

Comment

I thought that BP01 was the head, and BP05 was the block.... ???

meh whatever, congrats on teh runs.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                X