General Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Military

Since glyph does not want us posting non-anthrax related items, I have started this post.

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
    HEY irish, do you guys have the bdu's yet??? or (battle dress uniformes) if your lost to what that means???? were still waiting on ours, and im pretty sure you guys use the same gas station attendent uniform we do. sorry for the off topic ness,
    Ben, yes we are changing over to Camies. We do not call them BDU's in the Navy. Right now we are waiting for the message to come down saying we can wear them. Some jobs in the Navy already wear them, soon we all will wear them.
    MODS:
    I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Re: General Military

Originally posted by irish
    Since glyph does not want us posting non-anthrax related items, I have started this post.

Ben, yes we are changing over to Camies. We do not call them BDU's in the Navy. Right now we are waiting for the message to come down saying we can wear them. Some jobs in the Navy already wear them, soon we all will wear them.

camies is what the old timers in my unit call them yeah, the 2 vietnam vets that are still with us in a line unit the seabees have been wearing them for quite a while. i've been considering getting commissioned in the navy, and going to a seabee unit they actually do the job of an engineer, while the army is known for abusing their combat engineer resources i'd personally like to be with a marine attatchment, since they are more combat oriented engineers, while the others are more civil engineers one seabee unit comes and trains with us in FL every few months. they are some hard working SOBs:p: the navy military police i am currently working with all wear BDU's. course it's mid october, and they still have their sleeves up in the army, i believe it was oct 1st that sleeves have to be down. course all line units aren't allowed to roll their sleeves up for the most part, since they swear that you are more likely to get dehydrated with your sleeves up they're probably right, but it looks way better with them up

Comment

Re: Re: General Military

Originally posted by blue LEDz
      ....but it looks way better with them up
      <----sleeves up all year round.
      Tito Cruz
      '94 Pro DX
      Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

Re: Re: Re: General Military

Originally posted by TitoCruz
        <----sleeves up all year round.

course the air force rolls them up the same as the army, with none of the light colored inside showing, right? the navy guys just roll them up, with the inside showing on the band, and it looks like **** granted the way we do it takes longer to roll up, but it looks better, and if there was a chemical attack, or another reason to roll them down quick, we just pull, and they are down

Comment

Re: General Military

hehe, thanks

btw, wear a flight suit, almost no regs at all about how to wear it.
          Last edited by glyph; 10-16-2003, 02:36 PM.
          My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: General Military

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            course the air force rolls them up the same as the army, with none of the light colored inside showing, right? the navy guys just roll them up, with the inside showing on the band, and it looks like **** granted the way we do it takes longer to roll up, but it looks better, and if there was a chemical attack, or another reason to roll them down quick, we just pull, and they are down
            yeah, the army and air force roll them up the same way, whereas the navy and marines roll theirs up the same way. you're right, the way we do it is much easier in regards to the chemical attack element.
            Tito Cruz
            '94 Pro DX

Comment

unless you have "stitchwitch" in the sleave crease.
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                unless you have "stitchwitch" in the sleave crease.

i don't have that done to my sleeves, but i have all of my pockets stiched shut (except the top side pant pockets). now i don't get those faded button marks on the pockets.
                Last edited by TitoCruz; 10-16-2003, 06:37 PM.
                Tito Cruz
                '94 Pro DX

Comment

I use to wear them when I was TAD to base security. I would take them to the base cleaners and have them press the uniform and roll my sleaves. True Glpyh Flt suits are much easier to wear. They have way to many pockets to put things (FOD) in. Then it becomes the job of the maintaince to clean up the **** that gets left behind by pickle suits.
                  MODS:
                  I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

I wish i had a flight suit! Of course the good ones are for HOnor guard; black
                    <-why i can't fix my car

AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

I use to wear them when I was TAD to base security. I would take them to the base cleaners and have them press the uniform and roll my sleaves. True Glpyh Flt suits are much easier to wear. They have way to many pockets to put things (FOD) in. Then it becomes the job of the maintaince to clean up the **** that gets left behind by pickle suits.
                      hehe, like hats? its a constant source of income (beer income that is) for the mx folks when we leave stuff in the cockpit.

but wait, don't you enjoy those cool FOD walks? looking for those cool coins?
                      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

That is the great thing about being in Comm, no FOD walks!!
                        <-why i can't fix my car

Comment

no more FOD walks for me in a few months when i crosstrain into another AFSC.
                          Tito Cruz
                          '94 Pro DX

Comment

I know how the AF is about the "red" line and do not cross it. Also the security badges you have to wear to access an area. Well I was in Iceland on a DET, I was doing a daily inspection on the HYD system and found the 3P's (off duty piliot) security badge on a pump in the service area. We get our asses handed to us if something like that of ours was found, so I held on to it for a week waiting on him to say he lost it. He never did. So I saw him a the base club, told him about it, and ever since on that det I never had to buy drinks. Sometimes finding fod helps, but when its chips, candy, empty soda cans, or a list of things the aircrews leave behind, its the maintance people playing maid service. I do not do that anymore. I work at a Aircraft support dept. (AIMD) where I am an Aeronutacial Welder.
                            MODS:
                            I/E/SS/

Comment

nice! gotta love free stuff. About the food, you should see some of our jets. crumbs everywhere! Although it's rather hard to avoid, what with sitting in a seat for up to 10 hours at a time.

My wife is active duty CE, part of her job is managing the paint striping contracts at charleston.

irish, where are you stationed?

Comment

Working...
                              X