Hmmmm..what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm..what should i do?

Aight since its apparent my car isnt gonna be sold, im stuck with it..which isnt a bad thing. And i just got a second job, an dhave soem extra money now..finnally. Im looking into more hp like the rest of you all. Finish the turbo setup? Nah i have lost interest with it for some reason, and for the 3rd time i need anotehr turbo ..soo now im deciding on a swap? KLDE or FS, i want the KL for the tq....and the more power, but once i do it there might not be anything left for me to do with it...But than again i will have a v6 protege that speaks for itself. FS swap? why it makes just about as much power as the bp...True, but the aftermarket is huge for the motor. And i think it might be a first or second - third for a FS powered 1st gen. Im not even wanting to be the fastest anymore..im really wanting ppl to say..WOW. IM thinking more with the FS swap just because it will leave me with plenty of room in the bay and the wow factor might be alittle more, than the KL.. But the KL swap will be prob cheaper..and make the pro actually quicker than it is obviously...ehh what yall think on the matter?

BTW anyone know the difference in the 92-96 mx6/probe/626 FS's , and the newer protege Fs's? IF there even is a difference? I know nothing about them..

i say go with the kl. the fs motor is a POS. ask anyone in the 3rd gen forums. it has after market support, but the stock internals cant handle anything more then 230hp. and stock for stock, they are not as impressive as the bp. oh yeah, and thats only for the new ones, the old probe/mx6 fs's are even crapier. they only have 118hp, and are not fast at all.

i say go with the klde, just because im doing the same swap, and compared with the fs, it seems like a no brainer, you can always turbo it, or get some nice bolt ons for, there are alot of ppl on probetalk.com that have 175-190 whp with just bot ons, ands that with the de not just the ze guys.

my .02 cents
    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

FE3

As fast as the V6 stock without a turbo, and very few (if any) people have it in a 1st gen. Don't do the FS... I owned one and my B8 engine feels almost as fast.

Comment

wait wait ive got it!!!!

RB26DETT!!!
        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

AHAHAAH I like the det idea, but for some reason it may not fit, but you could be the first to turn your car into a RWD.
          I had a protege5 with the FS in it, and I quite enjoyed it( but of couse I had a kick butt custom cold air intake on it). Very drivable, good low end tq, HAH I blew the doors off this guy with a new V6 taurus, and i'm not going to waste the space talking about all of the honda's( speed kills, drive Honda).
          Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

Ive been reading abotu the FS motors, and and it looks liek it will be a waste. the Fe3 would be perfect . But they are hard to get ahold of. +1 for the KLDE..Got 2 klde's 1 with a bad head, and one with no compression..just really need a tranny, and other little crap. ehh we will see what happens

Comment

V6 protege sounds real nice....not as nice as I-6 RB26DETT powered protege...but still nice
              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                V6 protege sounds real nice....not as nice as I-6 RB26DETT powered protege...but still nice
                Yep, nothing like a sexy six
                Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

I would say go for the V6. If I remember correctly you said you've done the V6 swap into 4 cylinder mx3's a few times already so you know what to expect pretty much, plus you got parts and motors already. then down the line you could always drop in the KLZE or KFZE

93' 5spd DX
                  R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
                    I would say go for the V6. If I remember correctly you said you've done the V6 swap into 4 cylinder mx3's a few times already so you know what to expect pretty much, plus you got parts and motors already. then down the line you could always drop in the KLZE or KFZE

Thats one of the reasons why i almost dont want one..is b/c there isnt much for the mootor besides header - intake and monor stuff. But it can be done in 2 days..no prob. The KL jsut seems a little boring to me..besides the obvious more power etc. there wont be much for improvement after minor bolt ons. But i prob will be satisfied with that..itself..that is good for atleast low - mid 14's.

*sidenote*
                    BTW, its amazing how much more powerful the KFze 2.0, is compared to the k8 1.8v6. My friend had his k8 in his mx3, and i woul dwalk the hell out of him al day, with no effort. but with the kfze, it was dead even, until those extra cylinders kicked in at the top of 5th...But with h KL's he just leaves me...*end offtopic rant*

Comment

hmmm. how cars exactly does he put on you with the klde? just wondering as i will be doing that swap and i wanna know what to expect
                      1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

2 car lengths.

Comment

Working...
                        X