Drum Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drum Swap

Hi I have a 97 protege Lx i thinking about swapping the drum brakes for disc brakes. what i want to know is if the calipers for a 90-94 protege can be used at the rear when i'm finish.
    Last edited by reddragonmazda; 06-05-2005, 01:26 PM.
    97 Mazda Protege GT

BEFOREAFTER

I've use the protge FAQ. edwin u mentioned that the part are sold in the us/canada. i live in the caribbean to be exact Barbados. we don't have j/y per say over here and it very hard to find any type of upgrade for my 97 protege. can anyone tell me where in the us or japan by maybe providing a website that i can surf to find these parts

1) spindle/knuckles
    2) ebrake cables (why do i need to change those)
    3) proportioning valve
    4) calipers (90-94 protege)

if i could locate a 97 protege could i swap my rear drums with its front disc setup?
    97 Mazda Protege GT

BEFOREAFTER

Comment

try www.carpart.com

and for your last question i would have to say no. fronts are for fronts and rear are for rear.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

i know you have edwin but i need to know where to find them websites or j/y. i also need a 90-94 protege engine harness
        Last edited by reddragonmazda; 06-05-2005, 08:29 PM.
        97 Mazda Protege GT

BEFOREAFTER

Comment

Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by reddragonmazda
            Hi I have a 97 protege Lx i thinking about swapping the drum brakes for disc brakes. what i want to know is if the calipers for a 90-94 protege can be used at the rear when i'm finish.
            I am new to the forum and was going to ask a similar question. If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

i am attempting to do this. as for the information that i've gotten, you are going to need a 1990 - 1994 1st gen LX with the DOHC engine and of course with a rear disc brake.

you will need the following:
              1. calipers
              2. rotors
              3. brake lines
              4. parking cables
              5. spindles

and you should be good to go....

Mods:
              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                ^^ ****ing sucks. I would never recommend this overpriced nazi-asshole junkyard to anyone.

You can't even reason with them, their bull****-high prices are set in stone, no negotiating

http://www.car-part.com is much easier.....i've never had a problem with a seller on there
                93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

i went to the yard and it was a total disaster. there was only 1 protege left and we broke the long bolt under the spindles. needless to say i went home with nothing! the yard crushed the other 2 1st gen proteges. what i dont understand is why didnt they crush this one cuz this one was a total POS! the other 2 even had sunroofs!

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                  X