Experiment with amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiment with amps

I am going to try and remove the smaller amp in place with the bigger one (that was removed when I got the class D amp for subs) and hope that the smaller amp is defective (in drawing too much current from the battery). I am crossing my fingers that it's defective amp and my problems are solved (probably NOT)! I'll have to turn gains way down, but I guess I could do this. One thing though, right now I have a 60 amp fuse in the inline fuse next to the battery. Will have to get a bigger one, or will it work with both big amps since they are each 60 amps? Dumb question I know, but just want to make sure so I don't start blowing fuses I have enough problems with the electrical system as is. I am still waiting for some one to maybe take me in to work while the dealership looks at my AC and perhaps the alternator (again) My dad is retired and doesn't want to take me in to work (which I am 15 minutes away from his house, so it's not like a big inconvenience). My mother works for the same orginization as I do, working in a different building across campus, but doesn't want to do it. I have to get one of them before my warranty is up. Argh! The humanity!
    Last edited by MisterT; 10-15-2003, 11:33 AM.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

technically you'd need to put in a 120 amp fuse, but since you aren't running the larger soundstream at full potential (1/2 ohm or something like that), you won't have near the current draw from it. bumping up to an 80 amp fuse would be a wise idea for it, though. i wish i could help and take you to work, but if i have friday off, i'm driving down to joelene's, since we are going to busch gardens on sat

Comment

I DC'ed the small amp and just had the sub amp on and lights dim a bit so it's not the amp This week has been really busy. Kind of sucked too Glad tomorrow is Friday.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Working...
      X