Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub Box moving in trunk

Input needed....

Anyone having problems with there sub box staying in place? Well I am. Just taking a couple of corners tight and next i know, she is in a different spot. I am tempting the idea of making a more 'custom' encloser in the trunk, but do not want to mess with the internal volume that the speakers require in the box. Has anyone fastened their box in the trunk? I am just throwing the idea around. I have this new suspension and can't see what i got in her unless i remove the box. crazy, i know. just opened this for a discussion and input from all you here. thanks
    Patrick
    SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

you can use strap iron and fasten the box with a screw into the box and strapping and a bolt through the other end of the strap. kinda ghetto, but it works. what also works is industrial strength velcro. thats possibly the best and universal fit in holding down your sub box.
    kevin

Comment

You could also get some L brackets and screw one end to the car and one end to the box, then when you need to move it just take one of the screws out.

Comment

I use a bungie cord! The ends hook up nicely to the brackets for the rear seats.

I am also having some problems though with my amp rack moving. Its already screwed into place with an L bracket it sways left and right. The braket is in tight and I even tried some velcro but with the heat it just melted off the side of the car.I have no idea what to do. I think I can try bolting the velcro down a diffrent way.

Comment

well i do have that trunk tray from mazdastuff and I thought that would help. but no avail. i want to have the easibility of removing the box when i need too without tools. maybe velco is the way. i thought about making the box fit tighter in between the wheel wells.
          Patrick
          SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

industrial strength velco. it's like $5 at walmart in the fabric section.

Comment

I just carpet the bottom of the enclosure. The carpet fibers interlock and it's a really tight hold (I.E. I can't push it around in my trunk). Just go get like 1 sq. ft of carpet from an audio shop and some 3m-super 90. It works great.
              1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
              Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
              eDi 6500 Components
              Arc Audio KAR 200.2
              Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
              eD 16ov2 IB
              eDead
              Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
              cardomain

Comment

liquid nail!
                To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
                http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

Working...
                X