Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson Learned

Well here I am standing on a stage in short pants. I have explained to one of members already, I have learned my lesson. The old adage, "if it sounds to good, it usually is" applies in this case. For all those who were sarcastic in your threads, I would like for all of you to ask yourself: while making mods to your car, how many times did you wish that I had or had not put a part on your car? If you say that you never have, then you full of ****. You will all be happy to know, that any future mods will be done though the suggestions of this forum. Once again, my point is that we all make mistakes and this one is just one of many that I have made in my life. So if any of you N/A motorheads have any suggestions for future mods on my 02 MP5 contact me.
    Stuff for sale PM me if you are interested.

so what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
      so what happened?

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
        so what happened?
        I spent $30.00 and got an extra piece if plastis with a few extra wires on the inside of a black boxwi with some wires on either end.
        The only improvement that I have made to my 02 MP5 is a K&N Typhoon CAI. Mazda apparently chokes their engines so much, the improvment was incredible.
        Anyway, that is the end of it. The lesson is, don't make the same mistake that I did.

Comment

You know I should have listened to you but, live and learn

Comment

dwpeek, welcome back to the fold. The Forum's vast store of knowledge is yours for the asking.

In my own case, I've never regretted any mod I've done to my car. This is because I carefully and completely research every mod before installation. I read all relevant engineering texts, consult all applicable SAE papers, and study related professional journal articles and technical papers that discuss the subject at hand. Additionally, I talk to people on the Forum who have already carried out the mod to get their impression of its worth. If available, I seek out SAE net BHP and BuHP figures. Then, and only then, do I install the mod on my own car.

But that's just me. Others may operate differently.

Happy Motoring!
            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
              dwpeek, welcome back to the fold. The Forum's vast store of knowledge is yours for the asking.

In my own case, I've never regretted any mod I've done to my car. This is because I carefully and completely research every mod before installation. I read all relevant engineering texts, consult all applicable SAE papers, and study related professional journal articles and technical papers that discuss the subject at hand. Additionally, I talk to people on the Forum who have already carried out the mod to get their impression of its worth. If available, I seek out SAE net BHP and BuHP figures. Then, and only then, do I install the mod on my own car.

But that's just me. Others may operate differently.

Happy Motoring!
              Thanks for the welcome back. What I meant was have never (with any car that you have ever owned) made this mistake. Everyone has at one time or another.

Comment

At least you are man enough to own up to your mistake. Many would either just stay off the forums mad that they were made fun of, or lurk and remain mad. As goldstar said, welcome back to the forum man. We all have done stupid stuff at some point in time in our past that we must look back on and learn from.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Any issues with the K&N typhoon that I should know about? I am going to order one when my turbo kit sells in the upcoming week.

Comment

Greg, are you going N/A?

Comment

Yeah, the new motor is going in this weekend. Should be done by Sunday afternoon at the latest. If all goes well the turbo kit will be sold on Monday, if not hopefully no later then next Friday. I've already got the Corksport Power Series catback on the way, tracking # says it will be in my hands by Monday. Once the kit sells I am going to order the K&N Typhoon CAI, and still trying to decide on what brand of header I want.

I'm just looking forward to having a car that I don't have to worry about all the time. Besides, I may not be far from selling this car, and it is extremely hard to sell a car with a turbo kit on it.

Comment

New motor? Did you blow your FS? Sorry, I'm a little behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                          New motor? Did you blow your FS? Sorry, I'm a little behind.
                          Yeah I blew it to pieces on Thursday. Having really made a big deal about it on the forums because I could care less about it. I've got to go back to N/A but I will be making some good money off of all this.

Comment

Oh, sorry to hear that...
                            Good luck selling the turbo parts, and with your new motor.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                              At least you are man enough to own up to your mistake. Many would either just stay off the forums mad that they were made fun of, or lurk and remain mad. As goldstar said, welcome back to the forum man. We all have done stupid stuff at some point in time in our past that we must look back on and learn from.
                              Thanks for your support.

Comment

Working...
                              X