I may be getting greedy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be getting greedy....

Like the title goes I may be getting greedy.... I have a chance to buy a 96 Blazer 2 Door.... and if I do I will more than likely duplicate whats in my trunk now, meaning 2x The 15" Brahma, 2x The Custom box, 2x The HiFonics BX1500d. Of course the wireing is gonna cost a ass-ton.. Planning on running 2 or 1/0 gauge back going to a dist block w/ 4 gauge going to the amps. same plan but reverse for the ground(might as well). Upgrade the alternator, you know all of those other power goodies...

Whats everyone think?
    The Car:
    2003 Mazda Protege 5
    - Injen Intake
    - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
    - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
    - More Goodies to come....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The System:
    Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
    Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
    Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
    -
    Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
    Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
    Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606

sounds like a good plan. wiring shouldn't cost that much, i think mine was around $300 total including the sweet battery terminals, fuse holder, fused dist. block, etc. at least the alt will be easy to upgrade.

Comment

Yeah now all I need to do is get word if he is going to sell the blazer for sure... $3000 for the blazer, so I might as well take out a $4000 loan to cover the $1000 to duplicate what I have now. Then hit up ebay for a massive spool of 2 or 1/0 gauge for cheap and I can get the rest locally.

Needless to say this is going to be very fun and redicously loud, people think I am already going to go deaf with what I have now... and I'm guessing i'm close to 140-150dB already w/ test tones and I still haven't put in the spl port.
      The Car:
      2003 Mazda Protege 5
      - Injen Intake
      - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
      - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
      The System:
      -

Comment

i just had my 5 year physical for the army, and my hearing is still perfect. but they don't go below 500 hz on their tests. i don't feel as though i've lost any low freq hearing, and the test reports i've read through say that you can't damage low freq hearing. high freq, yeah, low freq, nope.

real cheap 1/0 there. i bought mine through knukonceptz, though. i got the connectors, fuse holders, batt. terminals, dist. blocks, etc from here:

Comment

Hmmm interesting, I will more than likely hit those places up... thanks for the links. Now all I need to do is get the word and get busy!
          The Car:
          2003 Mazda Protege 5
          - Injen Intake
          - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
          - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
          The System:
          -

Comment

Working...
          X