Me vs turbo storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me vs turbo storm

i got a friend with this turbo geo storm that talks alot...thinks he's the fastest car on the planet. Anyhow, I got tired of him talkin his **** so I called him out tonight. He was like...."ooooo wow, the little protege wants some huh." I figured I would loose as he is turbo and has done quite a bit of work to his little storm, and Im semi-modded in the pro. On to the race....

We line em up on a deserted road. Flagger does his thing, and we're off...

1st gear, I jump him from the line by about 1/4 of a car. And by the end of 1st Im about 1/2 cars ahead of him

2nd I pull about another 1/2 car on him

3rd no changes

4th I put probably 1 car on him.

We cut it off around 90. I win by close to 2 car lengths.....not to bad. My friend was in disbelief. LOL....asked me to race again, so I did....same results. He's never been to the track before, and somehow came to the assumption that he was a 13 second car....definately not. But everyone thinks their car is faster than it is if you've never been to the track. ANyhow....thats my race, Im proud of my protege and thats it!!
    Eat ****.

isnt that an isuzu stylus basicaly? hmm too bad, i thought they were actually fast little sleepers. aparently not LOL
    good kill.
    who the heck drives a turbo-from-the-factory GEO and talks crap? what a fool
    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

ha...his car wasnt turbo'ed from the factory...he had a non turbo and converted....
      I always thought they were fast as well....Its obviously slower than a 15.9 though..as thats where Im at.
      Eat ****.

Comment

so im trying to understand this... you pulled 1 car length in 4th yet you stopped racing at about 90 or so... in my 92 lxe i see 98mph at 7400 rpms in 3rd gear... not that you string it out to the fuel cutout to shift but i dont understand how you could pull a car length in 4th when your at the bottom of your power band. i have the larger gear ration g series trans i forgot what the other hits at the top of third but... im stumped.
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

my car will only hit like 115 or so not because lack of power but because of the short gears.

I can't hit 98mph in 3rd... probably 75 or so at most.
          Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
            isnt that an isuzu stylus basicaly? hmm too bad, i thought they were actually fast little sleepers. aparently not LOL
            good kill.
            who the heck drives a turbo-from-the-factory GEO and talks crap? what a fool
            The storm is the same as the impulse not stylus.
            www.gopostal.com

If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports . . . . Does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports ?

Comment

Those 1.6dohc motors are pretty peppy...compare it to the B6 dohc. can handle alot of Boost. The Impulse Stylus RS Came with a 1.8 Turbo and was AWD. That car is a rarity...and VERY nice.

Comment

The Impulse RS came with the 1.8 turbocharged AWD....

I know IT does.... dunno about the Stylus.

edit: oh, and it came with really tough looking flip-ups too!
                edit again: nm... the Impulse RS came with the 1.6L turbo block... still badass http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/i...ulse_rs_91.htm
                Last edited by matt_fulghum; 06-22-2005, 06:38 AM.
                Ask me about engine management!

Comment

oops, i got the names mixed up.... li love those stylus's. I think THe olderr version of the IMpulse came with a 1.8...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum
                    The Impulse RS came with the 1.8 turbocharged AWD....

I know IT does.... dunno about the Stylus.

edit: oh, and it came with really tough looking flip-ups too!
                    edit again: nm... the Impulse RS came with the 1.6L turbo block... still badass http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/i...ulse_rs_91.htm

Yup both the stylus and the impuls had a 1.8turbo. The impuls had lotus desinged suspention system the stylus didn't. Same engine and drivetrain. Differant suspention and bodystyle. Both very fas cars. My brother in law had an Impus RS.
                    www.gopostal.com

If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports . . . . Does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports ?

Comment

The small 4door stylus had a 1.6 DOHC in it, they came with a turbo option also. Remember it used to share the chassis with the Chevrolet Sprint Turbo. They both almsot look exactly the same.

Comment

Rare cars are great until you need parts!
                        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

thread jackers...lol....
                          Eat ****.

Comment

i see we got carried away...lol

Comment

good kills.... not dumping on you or anything, but maybe he cant drive for crap? I mean if hes turbo and slower then 15.9.... something doesnt add up.

Again, no offense, not calling you a liar, or dumping on you at all, just saying your friend sux @ driving.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X