Carbon Fiber Hood Buy In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber Hood Buy In

I've been talking with Jerry at Erebuni and they said they will fabricate our carbon fiber hoods for us. He said they need 20 prepaid orders of $540+ $80 shipping.
    Once the 20 orders are met the hoods would be shipped out in 2 months. They will also fabricate brackets for our cars so we can have m3 style mirrors or any other style of mirror they carry. He said the mirrors are all universal but the bracket has to be made for our cars. They need a donor car for the mirrors not the hood. Also for the mirrors need 20 prepaid orders of $80+ $30 shipping.

If you guys are interested in these lets gauge the interest for the buy in.

If you have any questions about the prepaid order system or any other questions please call Jerry at Erebuni (1-718-387-0800) ext.205
    98 Protege LX 5speed
    ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
    Custom catback exhaust
    Custom Intake
    Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
    Custom Mesh Grill
    Clear Corner Lights
    Custom M3 LED Mirrors
    Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
    Custom Flip Flop Trunk
    Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
    Hose Techniques hosing kit
    Custom Valve Cover
    Ngk IX Plugs/ Ngk Plug wires
    Kenwood KDC-MP528 head unit
    2 Mtx 12'' Subs sealed enclosure Mtx 250W class D amp
    Coming Soon Erebuni Shark Style Kit

Kinda prcey, eh?

Comment

good work, but you are aware that we dont have 20 active 2nd gen members right?

Comment

i have more important issues like a busted front end. but good luck with this, plus i like my folding mirrors
        95 ES
        05 S60R

Comment

i would go for a carbon fiber hood for my 1998 protege lx if the price were cheaper, that is outrageous.

Comment

goodorange,

you have JDM power holding mirrors? did it come with the car?

my sentiments are pretty much the same with what members have posted about the price of the carbon hoods. really wish they were cheaper.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

pigeon was telling me that good CF hoods cost around that much, so the price is something you'd expect to pay for a high quality CF hood.

In my case, $640 is too much for any hood. If that's the only one available I'll have to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                goodorange,

you have JDM power holding mirrors? did it come with the car?
                He never said "power". He's got what you have - folding mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  He never said "power". He's got what you have - folding mirrors.
                  my bad.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                  Mods:
                  DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

in canada, a reasonable price for a VIS CF hood for a 99-00 Civic Si (SIR in canada) is around $725.00 CDN including Taxes and shipping.

Its not a super amazing wicked deal, but its definitely not a bad price. And VIS is a good quality brand.
                    We dont know what quality the erebuni one is going to be, but for the same car... a taiwanese cheap brand CF hood would go for about $575.00 CDN including taxes and shipping.

So i mean, if the erebuni is comparable to VIS... then ya, thats not a bad price.. especially since its custom. At least comparing that price to the Canadian market... things are generally cheaper for you guys in the states.

If its comparable quality to the taiwanese hoods, then dont buy it... its not worth it.
                    But we wont know until we see one, cause everybody claims their product is the best.

Assume its a VIS quality product... i still think its out of budget for majority of our second gen members. I think the only second gen member who would be willing to spend the money on a good hood, would be patrick santiago. And he no longer is part of the club anyways.

Comment

"manual folding" but power mirrors both sides
                      95 ES
                      05 S60R

Comment

Right, just like the LX. Does the DX/SE have non-power mirrors?

Comment

My DX has manual mirrors. I remember when my friend first got his GTi he bought the VIS hood that had just come out for it, cost him about $650 new, now i think they're about $400 maybe less. I would get in this, but just being a student, i cant afford that much, even though i would like to =\.

Mods:
                          JDM Headlights + Corners
                          JDM Tailights
                          1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                          Shaved Side Mouldings
                          Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                          Cone Filter
                          KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                          E-Bay front strut bar
                          Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                          40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                          and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

i'm in.
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Are there any slots, or is it just a carbon fiber hood?
                              I'm really interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X