wheelmaX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheelmaX

OK I've asked this before but I only got 2 responses,1 good and 1 bad.Has anyone personally ordered from wheelmax within the past year?I finally got all my $ saved up and they have the rims I want at an unbeatable price,1000$ with tires!I plan to order them tommorrow unless I get alot of negative feedback.So can someone out there please ease my mind about giving 1000$ to a company I've never ordered from before.I worry to much,I KNOW THIS!Any info will be greatly appreciacted.

lots of people have had problems with wheelmax, but i didn't have any customer service problems when i bought my wheel/tire package from them. my shipment actually arrived early.

i'd suggest buying your lugnuts from a different company though. the ones i bought from them rusted within a few months!
    Tito Cruz
    '94 Pro DX
    Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

which wheels and tires are you wanting. maybe we can find another place to buy from that has a better rep.
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

wheels

I want the excel armani's,17x7.Iwish I could do 18's but I'm afraid they'll rub when I drop my ride.

Comment

I personally ordered a wheel/tire combo form wheelmax in the past year. The wheels fit perfectly and they only took 2 days to arrive to my house in pa. Also I might add the were mounted and balanced and came w/ lug nuts.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
          -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

I ordered mine in the past year or two. No problems, quick shipping and everything was included. I am getting ready in the next month or so to order 18s, so hopefully all goes well then too.

Comment

there is also www.whalentire.com
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

you lucky bastards! I had a night mare of time getting what i orderd and had to listen to nearly a half hour rant by the sales guy when i mentioned that i had read very mixed reviews of wheelmax online, by the end he promised me there would be no issues and in exchange i promised to post his name and extention with a recomendation of wheelmax on these boards. Well four days later i got the rims but no lugs. The wheels are a 10 hole design. 5 of the holes are for 5 x 100 bolt patttern and the other are for 5 x 114.3. They neglected to tell me that i could not use my stock lugs nor that included in the cost was a set of lugs. So when the wheels arived without lugs I had no idea. So i tried to put the wheels on my car with my stock lugs that fit perfectly into the 5 x 100 holes and no go. The holes that fit my hub were the 5 x 114.3 holes that looked more like they were for looks since they were way too skinny for my lugs which was what i thought needed to be used, and they had a conical seat. Anyways I called wheelmax and got the runaround and no expaination for 4 days. 4 days of driving 80 miles a day to and from work on nearly bald tires in 4 days of late summer central florida rain storms! Finally when i was to the point of risking blowout to drive to miami on my day off, i called and spoke to sombody who shockingly knew what was going on and was actually fairly nice. What happened was the lugs were on back order and the the oh-so-nice sales person neglected to inform me of this on top of neglecting to inform me that i would need them at all. needless to say i will never buy from them again and plann on spreading this story as many times as possible. Hopefully they do go bankrupt soon!!!

(thanks guys, needed to vent, first time i ve written this out like this)
                -keith
                -2002.5 Protege5 --> Classic red
                -Mods: 17" Exel Mimi's, K&N drop-in
                -Future Mods: Black painted headlight mod, Tint, Shortened doorlock mod, Black powdercoated Stubby Antena.

Comment

Re: wheels

Originally posted by dodson3
                  I want the excel armani's,17x7.Iwish I could do 18's but I'm afraid they'll rub when I drop my ride.
                  Why would they rub? If you keep the same circumference overall then there would be no difference.
                  2002 Blackmica P5
                  CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

picture me rollin

I took a risk and ordered my rims,they are supposed to arrive tommorrow.If not I'll be pissed off cause they already deducted the money from my account.They tried to sell me lugnuts for 20$ but I refused,I figured my stock ones would work.Oh well if they won't I'll visit autozone.I let ya know if I have any trouble with my order.
                    Last edited by dodson3; 10-21-2003, 11:04 PM.

Comment

That's odd. When I got my wheels back in the day, they came with lugnuts.

Comment

Re: Re: wheels

Originally posted by redfyre
                        Why would they rub? If you keep the same circumference overall then there would be no difference.
                        there will be a difference. it is in wheel width.
                        for example, the ones he may get are 17x7. the 18s might be 18x7, and in that case there will be no problem given the overall DIAMETER is the same.

BUT, if they are 18x7.5 or higher, then despite the diameters matching, there may still be a rubbing problem.

This by the way could be solved by using spacers. I dunno what i think of spacers. I suppose they are good if appropriate. As in, they make the rim/tire line up with the fender. Too often do i see south americans riding around with wheels that stick out waaay too far out of the fender. do they think that's cool? man, i'd rather be rice than that.

ok so i'm done runnin my mouth.
                        Tag Team

Comment

Re: Re: Re: wheels

Originally posted by JProtege
                          there will be a difference. it is in wheel width.
                          for example, the ones he may get are 17x7. the 18s might be 18x7, and in that case there will be no problem given the overall DIAMETER is the same.

BUT, if they are 18x7.5 or higher, then despite the diameters matching, there may still be a rubbing problem.

This by the way could be solved by using spacers. I dunno what i think of spacers. I suppose they are good if appropriate. As in, they make the rim/tire line up with the fender. Too often do i see south americans riding around with wheels that stick out waaay too far out of the fender. do they think that's cool? man, i'd rather be rice than that.

ok so i'm done runnin my mouth.
                          Offset my friend. If you get the right offset it should be good.
                          2002 Blackmica P5
                          CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

yea, also that
                            Tag Team

Comment

happy 2 pissed in 5 seconds

I Spotted the ups man and got all excited thinking he was about to pull up.My luck the s.o.b. just drove by,man I was disapointed.Oh well I guess there's always tommorrow to look forward to.ups man

Comment

Working...
                              X