Headlight Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Q

SInce I ahd my wreck my passenger side headlight assembly is brand new so its all clean looking and everything but my drivers side has tha "old foggy look" to it... is there anyhting I can clean the headlight with to make it look new and it owul dhave to be from the inside so how do i get the thing apart also would be helpfull

Yup.
    Plastic-X by Meguires. Works awesome to get rid of the cloudy/yellownesh that comes with daily driving. I tried it on my buddies neon (cause, like you, one headlight was old; the other new) and now they both look the same!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

awsome thanks bro

Comment

u mean jspec? that means id have to change my fenders to teh 97-98 fenders since i have the 96 and they wouldnt fit and well tahts like 1000 after te new fenders and the neew lights and painted atleast.... i think i'll just clean it off

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          or you can get e-spec glass headlights
          Ouch ... don't remind me, the group buy on the "other" board got put on hold due to litigation against APC. There's got to be another way to get e-spec's here for 1st gens without losing and arm and leg over it
          Scott
          '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
          '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
          '98 Volvo V70 T5
          '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

yes well id still ahve to buy them when mine look fine... 200 plus shipping or 8 bucks at walmart? hmmm... i mean cmon its just headlights!

Comment

driving at high speeds at night... yea thats about retarted in the first place unless its like on a highway....thats understandable....but im not willing to drop 200 for some pieces of clear plastic

Comment

yeah if you can afford it and you can get around customs , then go for it . Otherwise your next option may be a set of fog lights,if you can't see anything.

B
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Ok so let me get this straight. If you are going to get a new pair of headlights you should get e-spec??? But the thing about it is..that you have to import them yourself. So then how do you go about importing them yourself??? Also they are going to run you about 200 bucks??? are the these the number for the e spec lights:

BC5D-51-030A right lamp
                  BC5D-51-040A left lamp

I mean I'm like asylum24 ...200 is a lot money just from lights. BUt I haven't seen them yet!!! If anyone can post a pic of them!!!

K Dawg ONE:

Now if you use the Plasitic X...do you have to take the lens off or what???
                  DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    Ok so let me get this straight. If you are going to get a new pair of headlights you should get e-spec??? But the thing about it is..that you have to import them yourself. So then how do you go about importing them yourself??? Also they are going to run you about 200 bucks??? are the these the number for the e spec lights:

BC5D-51-030A right lamp
                    BC5D-51-040A left lamp

I mean I'm like asylum24 ...200 is a lot money just from lights. BUt I haven't seen them yet!!! If anyone can post a pic of them!!!

K Dawg ONE:

Now if you use the Plasitic X...do you have to take the lens off or what???
                    Yeah I feal you on the 200 being a lot of cash. Worse when it's september and school is about to start and you have to many obligations. But if you have the money go for it . At least we have the part numbers and we can order then whenever is convienent. Maybe mazdaformance.com can get them ....
                    I don't know
                    Bruce
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i think i'l just get me some spray and stay away from the glass.... kn ow ing me id hit it and the glass would shatter and pop my tires and send me swerving all over the road and nail a tree or something and well that just wouldnt be good....

Comment

RacerX:

No, you dont have to take the lights aprt to use the plastic-x...you just 'polish' the OUTSIDE of the lights with them...good as new!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

woohoo... now I just need to find it.. cant find it anywhere around here

Comment

I couldn't find anything that says plastic x I've found something that was called scatch x...that does remove oxidation. But I don't know if that is it.
                            DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Guys that is ALL BS. IM sorry but you can adjust the way you headlights point. Im sorry but its that simple. We could make A-spec lights point the wrong way just as we can make J-spec point the right way.. Thats all BS sorry get the jspec
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X