Being 18, owning two cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being 18, owning two cars

Well as many of you know, i own a 02 p5 and 93 se-r of which i bought with money out of pocket the last 3 years of my life, putting alot of hard work and sweat into both. Well, lately my parents have gone through a weird stage of life with my younger brother, and with me being out of school, they're trying to find ways to make my life miserable.

Currently i work two jobs, working nearly 10 hours a day, but i love my jobs. And was hoping to get some stuff done to both cars over the winter for autocross next year. But all my dreams and hopes have sunken now. Today my parents took the titles of my two cars, and keys while i was out with a friend (note to self: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO TAKE KEYS WITH YOU!) and have decided they will be taking the cars to be sold/traded in at a dealership tomarrow, and i have no legal rights to the cars, or any choice in the deal. Well being that in nebraska you must be 19 to have the title in your name, both of my cars have my father as the owner and me as a co-owner. totally screwing me out of my legal ownership of the car.

And to make it worse, i will probably not see a single dime of my money come back to me EVER. And they have called one of my jobs, to make sure that i do not have a job there anymore (i have no transportation to get to that one now either)... though i probably would still have it if i had my car(s)... but dont have them so im stuck. Basically cutting my income by a good 1/2.

How the hell am i to deal with this, and my girlfriend had a ceasure today....

Im going crazy
    1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac Turbo
    2002 Mazda Protege5

WTF? Try and move out of there. ****. I don't know. Sorry
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

so head right next door over here to colorado, where you can have your own title at 18. :p: sorry to hear that your parents are screwing you out of both of your rides. thats pretty weak. i'd have some words with them if it were me. sorry to hear about your gf too. things will work out though. stay up.
      -mike lucero
      1988 Mazda 323 GTX
      2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

thanks for the sympathy all... ive tried moving out, legally you need to be 19 in nebraska, 18 really isnt legal age for **** here now.... BULL**** i cant open a bank account, sign a lease with out parents, or buy a car until im 19

ive talked to an attourney about the money thing, and because of the age i have no legal rights when it comes to that for the most part.... so im screwed

agh
        1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac Turbo
        2002 Mazda Protege5

Comment

And they are doing this because........??

Dude - there's gotta be a reason here.

Anyone else feel like there's more to this story?

~HH

Comment

you have to have a spare key right. Take the two cars and put them in storage.
            Somewhere far where they won't find them .. When you are 19 get the titles for the cars and then do your thing.

Bruce
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I moved out at 18, there is always a way to get away from the clutches of the evil empire!
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Just remember, you get to choose there Nursing Homes.
                2000 Chevy Prism - Grocery getting daily driver.

91 Pro LX - K&N Cone filter, MX-3 Seats, SE-R Shift boot, ZX2 struts, Terra springs w/ 1.75" drop.

94 Pro DX - Totaled

87 Jetta GLI - Sold

Drag racing is for fast cars, Autocross is for fast drivers.

Comment

So what did u do to deserve this? if my parents tryed to steal my car and sell it i would be sure to break there legs family or not

Comment

**** if my parents did that to me, i would smash up both cars with an axe or sledge hammer the night before they sell it...or put both cars up on jack stands and remove the wheels and put them in another location.
                    midnightblue mica 2002 protege 5
                    mods include:
                    thermal cat back exhaust, intake, b&m short shifter, kartboy shifter bushing, MP3 petals, act sports clutch with aluminum fly wheel, Kenwood MP8017 HU, infinity 6.5" speakers infront, polk audio 6.5" speakers in back, bazooka 10" RS 150 watt sub tube with remote, 350 watt amp, compustar alarm/remote starter,jspec intake cam, MS exhaust cam
                    to be installed: spool stage 1 turbo kit,MS #3 engine mount,kartboy exhuast hangers

Comment

ive actually got 3 cars in my name. luckily im in california so theyre mine. there has to be a reason your parents are doing this.

now as to your seeking vengence. am i correct to assume that because you have no legal rights your parents are still responsable for you? if so you need to demand an immediate explination for thair actions, or youll go out and do something that will end up costing them alot of money, 2 cars worth of money...
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Take their cars and leave them in down town Omaha, near the old market with the windows down..................then they get stolen and have to keep your cars. =)
                        02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

my car was in my name at age 17 :shrug:
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Yea, but nebraska sucks about stuff like that, only state where 19 is legal age I think, I hated it. Use to live in Papillion...........gotta represent the midwest.
                            02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

man thats ****ty. if i had parents like that i would have been screwed instead they let me drop out of school when i was 16 and move out when i was 16 signed my lease on my apartment and helped me out with money when i was short(i really needed that sr20det for my 240 i swear i needed it) but they were always there supporting my hobby and helping me out. hell when i blew my tranny last year my dad even flew out here to help me rebuild it.
                              mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Working...
                              X