my bp swap has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bp swap has begun

well today me and my buddy started taking **** apart in my lx to put the bp in the 323.... worked on it today for about an hour nad a half .. got everything done but the axels and top motor mounts... those will be done tomarrow and we will be doing the clutch also... so hopefully my 323 will be bp powered by mid next week :D .. cant wait

i plan on putting in the engine , tranny, axles , ecu blah blah do i need 2 do the wiring harness also?
    Last edited by Chad; 06-18-2005, 03:06 PM.

yes, remove the wiring harness from the LX and put it into the 323 along with the LX ecu
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

there is no diff. between teh two harnesses is there??? i mean i plan on changin the ecu but why do i need 2 change the wiring harness itself... sorry i hate beeing a n00b

Comment

Because the SOHC in your 323 does not have VICs for one... and why would you use a harness for another engine in your car?

The harness SHOULD match the ECU and motor just to make things easier.

Plus it only takes like 25 minutes to swap it over.. not that big of a deal.

(only change the ECU harness--the one that goes into the firewall and plugs into the ECU--... the dash harness will stay the same.)

Comment

congrats chad...
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantamx3
            Because the SOHC in your 323 does not have VICs for one... and why would you use a harness for another engine in your car?

The harness SHOULD match the ECU and motor just to make things easier.

Plus it only takes like 25 minutes to swap it over.. not that big of a deal.

(only change the ECU harness--the one that goes into the firewall and plugs into the ECU--... the dash harness will stay the same.)

yea, once u got the sohc out, the harness will come out in about 2 minutes....and just throw the bp harness in..its simple..

Comment

cut all the tape **** holding the harness in and undo all the clips and pull it out...then when you put the new 1 in use black zip ties to hold it in the stock location and no 1 will ever notice...
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.