FS: 1999 BP Cylinder Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1999 BP Cylinder Head

I have a BP cylinder head off of a 1999 Kia Sephia for sale. The car I pulled it off of was in a major front-end collision. The car had 42k miles on it.

It includes the valve cover (2nd gen protege style), head w/valves, springs, lifters in place, and the camshaft bracket things. No camshafts or camgears.

This would be good if you have hardcore lifter tap, since this uses the updated lifter design. It also has decent valve seals...they aren't cracked and burnt up at all, and look to be in great shape.

It has "kia" written on the center spark plug cover, but you could shave that off since its plastic anyways, and respray it whatever color.

Shipping will probably run 20-40 dollars via UPS ground, depending on how far you are from MD.

Here is a pic
    Attached Files
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Is the intake manifold different from previous, or even Protege, intake manis? The ports are round. I don't remember our ports being round.
    Bryan
    MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
    Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

The 2nd gens had a different style intake manifold. I believe it helped provide more torque. I wish I could link you to where somebody managed to use the 2nd gen IM on a first gen, but it's on pclub which isn't working.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeah. I read that post.

The heads on the second gen have the same port shape as our first gen. Gro's head here is quite different from the regular ones.
        Bryan
        MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
        Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

I dunno, i know for a fact it is a BP head. I will try to take pics of the ports up close. I remember it had a tubular style manifold rather than a cast one. i'll try to measure it.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
          X