laser_gtr Great deal on Front clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laser_gtr Great deal on Front clips

Very easy to deal with, replied within a day on every E-Mail. Very impressed with the GTX front clip, clean and as described. A warning on everyone buying a front clip though, you will have to pay another $300 plus to the shipping companies, for holding, misc fees, bla bla bla. Anyone needing a GTX motor this is the person to deal with!!!

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

so what was the total all together then??

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
      so what was the total all together then??
      Roughly $2K, still not bad considering most local sources for front clips want over $2k without shipping.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

After seeing the condtion of your front clip in the other post I think I found who I'm gonna buy my clip from when the time comes. (Hopefully sooner then later, but who knows these days!)

93' 5spd DX
        R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
          After seeing the condtion of your front clip in the other post I think I found who I'm gonna buy my clip from when the time comes. (Hopefully sooner then later, but who knows these days!)
          I had the help of tax returns, plus no running car for that purchase Hopefully I get the engine in soon....

Me VBGarage HERE

Comment

whats the major advantages for me to justify droppin twice the cash, so i can have a clip instead of just the engine/tranny? ecu and body panels? its a tempting proposition, i just dont know which one i should do... will familia panels bolt to a scort wagon?
            "Squirrels are evil because they have thumbs."
            - Chick McGee

Comment

With a clip, you get everything needed to drop right into your for it to work, vac lines, harness, ecu, all that good stuff. Its plug and play almost.
              BP-05 Turbo-Sold
              2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

but is the convenience really worth an extra grand? thats my real question, becuz id be moddin the motor b4 and after installation anywayz..
                - Chick McGee

Comment

with a bp-gtx swap you will need to mix what you have with what you need... aka well i have 1/3 of the intake hoses needed so now i have to go drop a bunch of money on all custom made hoses... it has ALL the sensors ALL the controllers ALL the vaccuum lines EVERYTHING to make it run like the gtx does in japan. its a toss up if its totally worth it or not but i think if i came across the money at one time instead of spending my money when i got it piecing together a turbo i would be much more pleased with the end result with a front clip swap.
                  There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

also... worth an extra grand? most places sell the motor and trans for in the neighborhood of 1100 dollars... trans = no good... that leaves you with everything it didnt come with... down pipe, exhaust (will still have to be done with a front clip) intake piping, bov, water lines, basically i figure to have it done right from the begining your at least looking at 2k to have just a gtx motor running. im in the hole 3k on my bp turbo setup... with alot of unneed cash spend (about 550 for 3" crush bent exhaust given i have a flanged section for a cat and a resonator for when i want to track it and that costed extra, 130 for a stock gtx smic because i had all the piping...)

you must also remember the cost of fluids... when i put my fresh bp in my lxe i think i had 100 dollars in fluids... tranny fluid, oil, radiator fluid, brakleen, oil filter... and the list goes on...
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

thats very true... i always forget to add in the cost of incidentals.. lol... maybe this will be the wy to go for me and the scrote-wagon. i think im gonna rebadge the thing with my mazda & protege badges, but leave the wagon badge if there is one.
                      - Chick McGee

Comment

saw the pics the engine is in AWSOME cond. Id really be interested if i dont get my engine from CALI...... VERY NICE!!!!
                        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                        Beige 1994 Protege DX
                        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by maz94protege
                          saw the pics the engine is in AWSOME cond. Id really be interested if i dont get my engine from CALI...... VERY NICE!!!!

Only damn thing that engine needed was a oil seal, not too shabby

Me VBGarage HERE

Comment

Working...
                          X