Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 MX6 vs locals

lol last was a fun night indeed.
    i just got my mx6 last wedsday and we took it out and introduced her to the local waukegan "tuners" lol
    every sunday all the modded cars meetup at the beach, so we decided to go see who was willing to run.

Kill #1: 2nd gen MX6
    we spotted a green MX6 ls LOL and we both looked at each other so we knew it was on. so we line up and go. i had about 1.5 cars on him.

Kill #2: Saturn sedan
    i dont what there called, but one of the saturn 4 door twin cams that were made right before this new generation of saturns. i think its a ls2 or somthing like that. i dont know what he was thinking.lol 5 car legnths EZ

KIll #3: 2005 RSX type S
    ok well this is after we were at the beach. a couple of us went over to the icecream shop and set up a race between a '05 RSX and a N/A DSM (i dont what he thought he was doing either) so anyway we head up to our lil spot were noone is ever at and the DSM didnt show, he said his car died
    so they told me to run the acura. i was hesitant but i went.
    1st run: 3 car lengths because he missed 2nd gear.
    2nd run: he beat me by about 1 car length ( not a very good driver, but neither am i kuz i just got it last week)

KIll #4: 91 240 SX
    nothing to say. 6 car lengths

real fun night. got alot of respect points for the car that nobody knew what it was
    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

congrats on the runs and the usual street racing is stupid...
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

T4Turbo where exactly on the Waukegan beach do you guys meet and at what time and how many of you guys are out there. And sorry, street racing sucks. I am more intersted in the meets and are there any mazdas other than yours?

Comment

crazy....even with a bad driver Id think a Type S rsx would smoke an mx6 pretty good...
        Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
          crazy....even with a bad driver Id think a Type S rsx would smoke an mx6 pretty good...

yeah he got 2 cars on me...i think my car has a lightwieght flywheel installed tho it seems faster then anyother probe gt or mx6 ive drivin or raced.

and it has all the signs of one, rpms drop real quik and all that stuff. so who knows. i think with my ZE cams that are coming and the CAI + a good tune up i could stay along side that RSX.

oh yeah...uh we meet up on sundays at about 6:30-9:30/10pm. there are maybe 2 or 3 other mazdas at the most. my MX6, my bro's Protege, another MX6, and sometimes a sohc mx3 you should come by next sunday. its always fun making fun of the ricers
          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Thats cool...Ive always liked the mx6's. Are you gonna go with the ZE intake manifold as well? Those flow better than your stock mani don't they?

Theres a dude local with the ze cams, manifold, and some headwork thats pretty fast. Think he's in the high 13s or so. Car's pretty bad ass, and has that somewhat luxury look to it. I may pick one up in the future.
            Eat ****.

Comment

im not sure on the mani.....im gona try to stay away from getting to many ZE parts cuz i just wanna get a ZE engine in the future, so for right now i just wanna get all the bolt ons like headers/front mount intake/underdrive pullies. stuff like that so i can reuse them on the klZE.

but dang high 13's you say? thats crazy. i hope i can get into the 14's when i get the cams and a FMCAI.
              1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                im not sure on the mani.....im gona try to stay away from getting to many ZE parts cuz i just wanna get a ZE engine in the future, so for right now i just wanna get all the bolt ons like headers/front mount intake/underdrive pullies. stuff like that so i can reuse them on the klZE.

but dang high 13's you say? thats crazy. i hope i can get into the 14's when i get the cams and a FMCAI.
                Good luck with the 14's man. I had a 96 Probe GT and I have a hell of a time making power with it. Dont get me wrong, I love the Probe/MX6 cars, but they can be a pain in the ass at times.
                94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
                Spring Tech Springs
                Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
                Cone Filter
                17" Rotas
                More to Come......

Comment

^you had a 96 lol OBD2=harder to make power. i dont. doesnt really matter kuz it looks way better and is alot faster out of the box then my egt
                  1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by T4TURBO
                    ^you had a 96 lol OBD2=harder to make power. i dont. doesnt really matter kuz it looks way better and is alot faster out of the box then my egt
                    Yea, I traded my old 93 egt for my 96 pgt. I loved it. Still do. Wish I wouldnt have gotten rid of it. Maybe one day I will try to pick up an MX6. I miss the smooth power that the KL03 puts out.
                    Spring Tech Springs
                    Cone Filter
                    17" Rotas
                    More to Come......

Comment

I think the PGT has better gearing then the MX-6... that's what my friend told me who had a PGT tranny in his MX-6 V6 anyways
                      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

bah! its exactly the same! only the final drive gear is different. its only good for burning up gas on the highway
                        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

I wasnt aware that there was any difference at all.
                          Spring Tech Springs
                          Cone Filter
                          17" Rotas
                          More to Come......

Comment

yeah the mx6 tranny's final drive is taller
                            1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

ahh, kool... guess you learn something new everyday
                              Spring Tech Springs
                              Cone Filter
                              17" Rotas
                              More to Come......

Comment

Working...
                              X