Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this clunking in my car? Clunk Clunk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this clunking in my car? Clunk Clunk!

Ok, I bought the car with a clunking sound figuring that would be a cinch to fix. The guy before me had purchased a new coil. I know this because I went through all the receipts he had in his car. We later talked anyway. Anyhow, I take the car to this front end place I have gone to for years and trust. However, this time it was not good. Their recommendations and work proved fruitless. It's on the right(passenger) side. To make a long story short, I put in two brand new struts, a new strut mount for that side, anti-sway bar link that really was bad and a control arm bushing. None of this worked. I took a shot with that upper right engine mount that I changed myself and it has all been a waste of money. The shop told me the other mounts had been replaced with new ones. I know the thing about changing all at the same time but believe me, that ain't the problem. It was originally two sounds but the new link solved the first sound. The sound is in that general area and almost sound as if it were the coil moving from side to side, or something. What else could this clunnk be?

Originally posted by TheMAN
    what car are we talking about now? a 3 already having all these suspension troubles?
    Crap! I posted in the wrong section. It's a 2nd gen. I'm going to post it there. Don't respond here. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X