tokico blues eibach problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tokico blues eibach problem

I had tokico blues struts and eibach springs installed by a local garage on my 1999 protege about a year ago and for the last six months i have been hearing a squeeking noise every time I hit a bump. It even makes this squeeking noise if a push down on the car and i hear this noise in ever wheel. I love how the car looks with this set up but with pennsylvania roads i hate the fact that my car sounds like a clunker. i am at my wits end and need help. If anybody could give me some advice about how to stop this squeeking, not clunking, sound it would be greatly appreciated. HELP

Does it happen when it is cold outside? It's a common problem for the strut mounts to squeak like that when its cold.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

all the time

Originally posted by NegatiZE
      Does it happen when it is cold outside? It's a common problem for the strut mounts to squeak like that when its cold.

This happens all the time it is about 90 degrees out and it is still happening.

Comment

man that sucks!
        I can't say what you could do to stop that, but I'm considering those shock with tien s tech springs. It's not cold here so I hope I don't get that squeakin' noise...but then again, you said it happens all the time?

I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Comment

bushing

Does there need to be some type of rubber bushing or gasket at the point where the bottum of the eibach spring meets the tokico strut. I have been looking at pictures of other strut installations and it appears that there is some thing at this point that i do not see on my installation. Or could this squeeking noise be coming from the AWR endlinks and do i need to adjust these endlinks to stop the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            looks like that's your problem... look in my mazdaspeed suspension thread down the list in this same section to see what parts are supposed to be there
            It is a very good write up. Although I have no plans to change my setup, I learned alot about our suspension.
            Tony
            Intense Performance
            Mazda Club
            of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
            www.responsenegative.com
            www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

i have no idea about this but would greasing it up or using silicon oil make it better?
              2002 LX:
              sony amp with FR 15" sub
              white gauges
              pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
              18" enkei rims
              pirelli PZero Nero M&S
              MagnaFlow Exhaust
              7" LCD monitor deck
              carbonfiber dash kit
              cold air intake
              wings west spoiler