msp sub in sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

msp sub in sedan

how hard would it be to install a msp sub enclosure in my sedan. I have an aftermarket radio, and i have a amp kit in the car already. Does everything bolt up. The kenwood amp has a harness on it can i just cut that off and wire it to my amp kit and hook up the rca's. Also i've heard that this system is crap, is it true??? I want this setup becuz i need the trunk space and a little bump.

Unless you already have the MSP sub you'd be wasting your money. You can find a better sub for cheaper from somewhere else. Anything OEM is overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
      Unless you already have the MSP sub you'd be wasting your money. You can find a better sub for cheaper from somewhere else. Anything OEM is overpriced.
      Well, i found one for about 70buck. The only thing wrong with it is one of the rca is broken. Dont know if its a direct bolt on.

Comment

That's not a bad price, but what exactly do you mean by the RCA is broken? Are you talking about the plug or a cable or what?

Comment

That's not a bad price, but what exactly do you mean by the RCA is broken? Are you talking about the plug or a cable or what?
          The plug where you get the sound signal from. should be to hard to fix.

Comment

pics

Comment

Radio Shack has replacement RCA plugs... if you're decent with wiring you should be able to fix it.

EDIT: I just looked at the pictures, that should take about 30 seconds with some crimpers to fix.

Comment

i guess, i can take a risk and buy this and see if it will fit. I might have to loose my rear deck speaker and get some speakers for the rear door

Comment

Where is it supposed to mount? My understanding is that the MSP and sedan are exactly the same inside, so there shouldn't be any trouble.

Comment

Where is it supposed to mount? My understanding is that the MSP and sedan are exactly the same inside, so there shouldn't be any trouble.
                    Its supposed to mount in the trunk under the rear deck.

Comment

I'm sure it'll fit just fine. The body of the cars are the same, so it should be the same shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X