Tow Hitch for 1998 DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tow Hitch for 1998 DX

Hi I'm looking for a 1 1\4 or 2 hitch for my 98 DX, don't worry I ain't towing anything I just need it to mount a bike rack. Everywhere around here seems to want 200 bucks for it. Thanks

why not a thule of yakima roof rack? i'm using a "strap-on" (raunchy right?) yakima that can hold 3 but its a pain in the ass with the angle it has to be at with the spoiler. I just don't like the look of a hitch mount which is dumb of me but whatever, try fleabay or craigslist sometimes they pop up
    95 ES
    05 S60R

Comment

Thanks I'm actually considering that as well since I haven't had much luck with the hitch rack. I've always been scared of roof racks cos I'm absent minded and fear that I might accidentally drive into the garage with the bikes still on . I've had a trunk mount for the last 2 yrs and its been a pain in the neck to throw on and off plus it does not hold my Full Suspension Mountain Bike too well, not to mention its falling apart

Comment

I have a Saris (I think thats what it's called) strap on rack, had it for years, it works well and doesn't show any signs of wear. I see a lot of other people with the same rack, too.

edit: I have a full suspension Y-Frame, I got a "RhodeTube" it basically screws onto the headjoint and seatpost and makes it really easy to attach.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
          I have a Saris (I think thats what it's called) strap on rack, had it for years, it works well and doesn't show any signs of wear. I see a lot of other people with the same rack, too.

edit: I have a full suspension Y-Frame, I got a "RhodeTube" it basically screws onto the headjoint and seatpost and makes it really easy to attach.
          I had a nice Yakima or something trunk strap on... even thought it had padded feet and everything, it still scratched the paint to **** on on tunk... And I know it wasnt the bikes, since they sit far enough out from the trunk it would be impossible.

Just be weary of that, if you value your paint job
          '98 Protege (Sold at 125k miles)
          2006 Mazda3S Grand Touring, Heated Black Leather, Moonroof, Bose 6CD, Tow package (LOL)

Comment

polishing compound my friend, polishing compound.

Comment

Working...
            X