paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint!

I decided that I'm going to pick up some blue krylon spraypaint (bonds with plastic, vinyl, ect...) and spraypaint the black dash piece that surrounds the cd player, ac controls, and tape player, in my 98 protege...i assume you guys all know the piece...

think it'll look good? everything is done in a blue and black scheme and the main car interior is tan...

Originally posted by cablemirc
    black, blue, and tan + krylon spraypaint = instant win!
    what did I win... the "I think it'll look good award?" or the "wow you are a moron but I'm going to lead you on award" ?

lol

Comment

I was considering doing something similar when I first got the car, but then I looked at some other similar things in my friends cars, and thought it looked, well, kinda cheap, but they ran the paint and didnt get very good coverage. I supposed if you get a good color to match your exterior paint, and spray it well it could come out good.

Mods:
      JDM Headlights + Corners
      JDM Tailights
      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
      Shaved Side Mouldings
      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
      Cone Filter
      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
      E-Bay front strut bar
      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

my blue is a lot lighter than the car color... the car color is N11 (everglade mica) they say it's green but mine looks blue... i'm doing the standard tan interior in blue and black (while leaving some of the tan) blue floor mats, pedals, seat covers, painted around guauge cluster, painted around molding near cd player, ac controls, ect. painted ac vents and tomorrow I MIGHT paint the rear view mirror, but I'm not sure on that. It came out VERY nice. I used patriotic blue krylon fusion spraypaint.

You do a lot of very light coats. it doesn't run that way and it looks great. The only thing is that you don't want to do the whole dash like that or it will look very goofy, you just want to accent it. My rule was that most of the black plastic will be turned into blue and the tan will stay, with the exception of the A/C vents. the doors and back seats and all that stuff is the same, just the dash area. It came out very well. I'd take pics if i had a digital camera but I don't...

Comment

glad it turned out well for ya, yea, my friends dont understand the idea of light coats...they like to do it all in one fell swoop of the can

Mods:
          JDM Headlights + Corners
          JDM Tailights
          1st Gen LX Black Wheels
          Shaved Side Mouldings
          Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
          Cone Filter
          KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
          E-Bay front strut bar
          Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
          40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
          and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'