This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 - 98 Carbon Fiber Hoods

I was just on the phone with SETH, they are the ones producing the hoods for the 1st gen. i got his number that was posted by a member PMPN323.

up front he said that they wont be able to sell it to us for $325. after the 1st gen hoods they will be charging $375 plus shipping. shipping estimate is between $125 - $150 to the east coast. they are located in ROMANA, CA. they are 20 minutes East of downtown San Diego. Local pick-up is available.

he wants 10 - 15 hoods. it will take 5 months from the time we supply him a PERFECT hood and DONT expect to get your original hood back. to the people on the west coast you guys might want to jump on supplying them a hood because he told me that whoever supplies the hood will get $100 off the price of the carbon fiber hood.

to our friends in canada, he mentioned that it is a pain to ship to canada. i will not elaborate he gave me total dimensions of the packagae though. just add 2 inches on all 4 sides of our hood to get your shipping dimensions of the box and it will weigh 20 lbs total with hardware and everything in it. he also mentioned that he can put $150 for the value of the hood when it crosses the border. btw, he also mentioned that it would help to have it shipped to one destination rather than to several different addresses.

now for the money aspect of this. $125 up front per hood that we order. the balance upon completion but prior to actual shipment.

its a lot of money so i will wait and see how this thing goes before i will be in this or not. i am only about 80% in it as of now.
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-01-2005, 04:58 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Oh I thought they were located on the east coast for some reason. Must've misread the other thread.

So what the 1st gen guys had a connection or something to have the price low. Seems like this guy is trying to make a little extra cash since he knows there's interest. The price still isn't terrible.

I'm still interested.

So beetle are you going to be the main contact guy for this.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

there is a place in cumberland md that would do a GB for a good price. THeir **** is top-quality too, no sub-frame support **** on the underside of the hood....just a straight-up strong-as-hell hood w/latch.

My buddy with an accent had them do a gb, they got like 5 ppl and it cost about $450 each, but this is like VIS quality ****. Weighs like ****ing 4 lbs and just as strong as any other hood, but less-the bracing (which is only needed on half-ass quality hoods).
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

This might sound dumb but what's VIS. I've heard it a few times on here.

Gro would you be able to contact the guy in cumberland, md and get more details. Maybe the shop has some new gb deals or somethin. And do you have a pic of your friends accent hood.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

i dont mind if no one else wants to do it.

groharlem, at $450 is that shipped? cuz right now the price the guy gave me sounds better since it will come with a subframe and its only $50 more shipped.

loganss, with respect to the cost. he said excactly what PMPN323 said, the cost of raw materials are skyrocketing due to high demand.

i must agree though, even at $375 plus shipping it still sounds like a very good deal especially when you see their product.
          Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-01-2005, 05:07 PM.

Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Sounds like we actually may have something going now...and at for that price, i would definitly try to get in on it...but sitll well have to see. Oh, and Logan...VIS is like the carbon fiber parts provider, at least for hoods...they are expensive, but they are pretty much the best you can get.

Mods:
            JDM Headlights + Corners
            JDM Tailights
            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
            Shaved Side Mouldings
            Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
            Cone Filter
            KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
            E-Bay front strut bar
            Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
            40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
            and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Yeah, and they go for $300 on eBay.

Comment

Any chance on getting an evo style one made?

Comment

Find 10-15 people to buy an Evo style hood and you're set.

Comment

guys, i live in sd, like 15 minutes from downtown, i know where romona is and could actually drive over there and check it all out. if i had an address. that is if we are serious about this, cause i'll be in like a champ, and, I could seriously try to find a good shape hood, mine isnt bad, but its got dents.
                    proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

before we get reprimanded, i would like to make mention that i do understand that this is not the proper forum. i / we will make it the appropriate forum in due time. all i want to see is if we do have the 10 - 15 who wants this made.

i think the evo carbon fiber hood is out of the question. if we cant make 10 -15 out of the regular hood i doubt you'll see any progress in that as well.

Mods:

Comment

that is true
                        proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

so here it goes...

1. beetle_orange
                          2. prototender
                          3. loganss
                          4. intruder

maybe

11. jzprowler
                          Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-01-2005, 11:39 PM.

Mods:

Comment

Put me down for an OEM style hood.

Comment

just so you guys know, me and prototender are like talking non-stop to get this thing. he is like 15 minutes away from this place and has agreed to go and visit the shop if this thing goes thru.

thanks intruder

btw, as per my conversation with prototender, he will TRY to get a cheaper shipping company.
                              Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-01-2005, 10:48 PM.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X