NEW C's Short Shifter Mazda Familia BG8z BG8r FF Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW C's Short Shifter Mazda Familia BG8z BG8r FF Speed

This is about double what it costs to get other brands new from Corksport. Is this one really that much better?

Comment

I like my C's shifter A lot. I also only got it because I was the only bid on it and it was $120.

I am pretty sure this auction is for the all wheel drive cable transmission though.
      Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

It says for front wheel drive... what makes you think it's wrong? I was under the impression there wasn't one for the AWD.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
          It says for front wheel drive... what makes you think it's wrong? I was under the impression there wasn't one for the AWD.
          The seller originally had it listed for the BG8Z and BG8R, which I am pretty sure are the 4wd Familias.
          If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
          -----
          Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
          Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
          Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

When I got mine there was also one for the AWD tranny up for auction and I thought this was it because it stayed up for awhile. Yesterday the auction listed it as for the BG8z and BG8r chassis (see the title of this thread even) but today it says for the front wheel drive. So I don't know what to think now really. I'd probably try and get a picture of the shifter itself anyway just to make sure.

If you're one of those people who just want the look of a short shifter or won't feel satisfied that it's doing it's job because it sits at the stock height then save you're money and just buy a B&M knockoff. I'm tall so I personally like the fact that the shift knob remains at the stock height but has as short of a throw if not a little shorter than the B&M that it took the place of.

Comment

Humm neat, but over priced, they are a reputable ebay source a friend just bought a set o cusco camber plates from them, but this item seems to be way over priced, but the same company that makes that shifter for FWD BG, makes one for the AWD BG's .
              Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

That shifter costs about $250 if you got it in Japan (the box says 26,000 Yen) so it's more expensive than most shifters but I wouldn't say it's overpriced. People with S2000's and miata's getting them brought over here are paying close to $300 for theirs.

Comment

Working...
                X