Help With Lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Lights!

I got my car not to long ago (1996 Mazda Protege LX) an im tryin to put some Xexon White light in them. But the head light covers are plastic an dosnt show up as good as they should? Dose anyone know where i could find some brighter Xexon lights i perfure the blue ones. I really dont wanna buy brand new head light covers.
    S†G
    96 Mazda Protege LX

*Kenwood Excelon KDC-X789 Model
    *Custom Neon Blue Dome Lights
    *Neon Blue Under Seat Neon Lights
    *Super White Xexon Headlights

Future
    *90-97 Mazda Maita

why not clean the lenses of your stock headlights? btw, welcome!
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-05-2005, 01:07 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

yep 1000grit sandpaper, and clear coat works wonders for us too cheap to pay for jdms.
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

I bought the blue euro xenon superwhites and they were not as bright as I wanted them but I think it is because we have the frosted headlights. I think that some members have the japanese version for their pros which are clear but in the US they are frosted. I bought blue H.I.D. lights for my pro soon after and they look awesome. (You can see them on my avatar) I still wished I had the clear lenses to really see how they would have looked but I think they are well over $250. Anyways i gave my superwhites to my bro (yeah $65 lights for free) for his 2001 Pro and they actually look a lot nicer on his because his lenses are completely clear.

Comment

do you have any of the oxidization on your lense? yellowish coloring?
          proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Yeah there yellowish. An i just want them changed cause it looks really bad. But if ya got like the blue ones an drivin around other cars it really stands out.
            S†G
            96 Mazda Protege LX

Future
            *90-97 Mazda Maita

Comment

1000grit sand paper, wet sand em, and clear coat them, works great. do it, do it now!

Comment

are there crystal headlights for gen 2s? afaik, only gen 2.5s have em..cleaning the headlights are your best bet..

oh, and try to avoid super white headlights..you'll be driving blind on asphalt and rain..
                ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

I think cleanin em sounds like the way to do. Ill do that. Yeah i found that out yesterday when i was drivin the rain that it was kinda hard to tell if they where on or off? I think ill take these one back an try to find the blue ones an clean my headlights as well. I did get my CD playa in yesterday we well (Kenwood Exclon) They show ya ur G-froces our throwin out when your accelerate an turn. Really nice
                  S†G
                  96 Mazda Protege LX

Future
                  *90-97 Mazda Maita

Comment

wait are you saying your cd player tells you what g's your pulling while accelerating, and turning?

Comment

U bet man. One of the best ones Kenwood makes. I pulled out a 0.40 on accelartion today an 0.77 of a turn. My protege isent made for speed is the 1.5L one LX. But it sounds about right for the car
                      Last edited by S†G; 07-08-2005, 11:59 PM.
                      S†G
                      96 Mazda Protege LX

Future
                      *90-97 Mazda Maita

Comment

Working...
                      X