car video game or computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car video game or computer?

im thinking of putting some kind of video game system into my car... any ideas as to which one i should put in there? i work at eb games so it's not a matter of lack of knowledge on that end... I just can't decide...i was thinking maybe a computer or something, like a mini itx computer, but then i dunno what i'd use for a monitor or how to power it?

Lilliput makes good VGA LCD monitors, 6" or 7". Check out http://www.mp3car.com for a ton of stuff about it. Read the newbies intro section, it's got good stuff.

Comment

For the ease of it, stick with a console system. That was you don't have to worry about where to put a mouse or keyboard, etc. Get a slim PS2, should be pretty easy to hide somewhere. Build a base for it under your seat, maybe? Make you you get adequate cooling around it, they overheating like a mofo.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Hrm, put a computer. Computers are way better for multiple reasons. I'm going to put a laptop in my car and that'll be awesome. I know a friend of mine is able to fiberglass the interior in his car. He's putting a Desktop in the dash. It'll be awesome. Imagine having a computer, if you have a large HD, you can store thousands of songs. No more having to burn cds. You can have a set music list that can repeat and everything. If you have a decent computer with good gaming abilities, you got your gaming console right there. Alot of games that come for PS2, XBOX, GC, also come for PC. I would believe it will also be cheaper.

To power a computer, just use a converter. GO to Wal-Mart or something. THey sell it for 30 dollars or cheaper. I forgot the name of it. I think its called a Power Inverter. WEll thats how you will power it. And I'm sure you can find a LCD monitor to power it. Either way, you will need both of those to Power your gaming console and LCD. So If you can afford buying a computer, then I would do that. For mobility, maybe a laptop would be a great choice? You can take it everywhere you go and update music and come to your car and plug it up and its playing through all speakers and you got video too. And if you are bored, you can record Music Videos on your laptop and replay it through your laptop. Well this is my plan I'm going to do when i redo my interior
        Last edited by Torped0; 07-06-2005, 12:19 PM.
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Damn ninja what are you not putting on your vehicle. It seems you post a new thread every 10 minutes on what you are going to buy or what you have already bought. With all the money you are putting into it why not just buy a faster vehicle. But not to go off topic you cannot lose with both. Although if you have smaller siblings they may enjoy the video games more. I bought DVD monitors for my headrests specifically for my little sister who wants my car when she is old enough to drive.

Comment

unless you want to put a full size desktop in your car, you probably aren't going to get a rig that'll be much good for gaming, i'd stick to a console.

Comment

I mean a full size desktop is too much. But a laptop isn't too bad. They make these new laptops that are real light and heavy. Finding a place to mount the laptop would be a fun thing to try. When I attempt this, i may just put the laptop in the seat for easy access.

Comment

light and heavy? unless youre willing to spend in excess of $2k on a laptop, you probably won't be able to run any heavy games. i have a 12" powerbook that would be pretty easy to mount, but i'm not about to put it in my car.

Comment

who needs heavy games when you can get a mini itx mobo and throw every system from atari 2600 through psone on it (like i did with my arcade machine ibuilt hehehe)

the whole " With all the money you are putting into it why not just buy a faster vehicle." opened my eyes, I decided not to go with any of this...i'd rather put it into performance rather than look, plus being realistic i wont use it much and it'll be more incentive for people to break into my car.

thanks for the help everyone... I'm glad most people on here aren't @-holes like a lot of forums i've been too for things.

Comment

Errr, why the hell did i say light and heavy? They are light and small my bad.

Comment

i like your choice ninja.
                      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Working...
                      X