Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Sunday Meets @ Lakefront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Meets @ Lakefront

Just wanted to create a new thread while our leader SLPR protege is recruiting. There is a local hangout on Waukegan beach every Sunday night around 7 to 10 p.m. Currently hondas outnumber us 4 to 1. I learned of this "hangout" from T4TURBO. It may not be the greatest of hangouts but it is definitely nice at the beach. It is open to all members in the chicagoland area. I want to see you guys so I took it on myself to post this. The more members we can get the better for conversation on just Mazda meets in the future maybe even different locations.

Current members in area: T4turbo, Identity x, skullet, beetleorange, myself, protegeboy78, and SLPRprotege.

Anyone else interested pm me or T4Turbo or just post here. Remember it is every Sunday at the Waukegan Lakefront.

can you give me a more specific address of that lakefront? i plan on getting directions at mapquest. unfortunately i may be longer here in this site but i dont know a lot more people from our area.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

I do not know the exact address beetle but I now that it is where Grand avenue ends in Waukegan and pretty much takes to the parking lot near the lake. If anything we can meet somewhere such as gurnee mills and all go from there. Unless you have a better idea, I have to go I will talk to you later.

Comment

so gurnee mills is in grear america right? its about a 2 hour drive from where i am. we can meet there if you guys want.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
        Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Beetle we will meet in the back of the parking lot in front of Sports Authority and the actual mall and Great America both run through Route 132 which is Grand Avenue where it takes you straight to the lakefront if you take it West. I will pm you for further info and cell number. We should probably meet up about 5 or 6. Anyways I now what your car looks like so i will definitely find you. And beetle maybe the next meet if we can figure something out can be halfway between both of our locations or some of the other members. So far it is you, T4Turbo, couple of other guys (not sure they are members but have mazdas), my bro, me, and maybe couple of other guys. If anything we will just bs and hangout. It sucks that you are that far away but we will definitely arrange something more concrete next time or even on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
            Beetle we will meet in the back of the parking lot in front of Sports Authority and the actual mall and Great America both run through Route 132 which is Grand Avenue where it takes you straight to the lakefront if you take it West. I will pm you for further info and cell number. We should probably meet up about 5 or 6. Anyways I now what your car looks like so i will definitely find you. And beetle maybe the next meet if we can figure something out can be halfway between both of our locations or some of the other members. So far it is you, T4Turbo, couple of other guys (not sure they are members but have mazdas), my bro, me, and maybe couple of other guys. If anything we will just bs and hangout. It sucks that you are that far away but we will definitely arrange something more concrete next time or even on Sunday.
            Yeah that is pretty far for me too. I live out in the corn belt of northern illinois. I do spend most of my time around the naperville area (g/f lives there) but it would be very difficult to make meets that are all the way out there, not to mension that I work in Rockford. Just would not be feasible to me. Let me do some looking into a meeting place for us mazda peeps. we have meet a busse woods in schaumburg, but had the "tree" police razzing us.
            Patrick
            SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

I know that it is difficult for the members that are outside the Chicagoland area SLPR and beetle but I think the first meet will help all of us figure out an alternate location for future meets that works for all of us.

Comment

The address for Sports Authority in Gurnee Mills is 6170 Grand Avenue; Gurnee, IL. 60031 for anyone interested in doing a mapquest from their respective location. [Remember we should all meet towards the back of the parking lot so that we can all see one another].

Comment

If you guys want to meet earlier then 5 let me know. This is a rough time and there is nothing etched in stone. If you guys want to meet earlier post it.

Comment

Big shout-out to bpt323 for making a 2 hour trip yesterday and fixing my air-conditioning problem saving me money from the dealership. To all other members every Sunday Night (6:30-10:30). OPEN TO ALL even non-members.

Comment

i'll try and make it up one of these weekends but i live in wheaton / naperville area so its a big haul for me too
                      In the Garage
                      Black 93 MX-3 GS
                      Bp powered
                      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Big shout-out to bpt323 for making a 2 hour trip yesterday and fixing my air-conditioning problem
                        word....so the problem hasn't come back up anymore?
                        peace
                        dante

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
                        1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
                        1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

It has not Dante and when I said bpt323 I also forgot to mention all you guys also. Peace and thanks. You guys are my new dealership.

Comment

^ lol its kool, fo sho hit us up if you need anyhelp when you get those plugs and wires..
                            peace
                            dante

2008 Mazda 6i Sport
                            1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
                            1999 Nissan Altima SE-L

Comment

HAHA well the new clutch is in guys... haven't gotten out to test it yet tho. im filling the tranny back up right now
                              Next time im bringing a suit and im going swimming haha.

BPT323 owns you all....
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X