Power from battery to amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power from battery to amp

I have a 2002 Protege5 and I am simply trying to find an existing hole that I can get a 4 gauge power cable through the firewall with, to hook to the amp. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Nic

A drill, a bit, and a minute
    then seal around the hole when your done...
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Do ya have any recomendations an exactly where to drill the hole?

Comment

Poke it through the grommet that the stock wiring harness goes through. It's on the driver's side just above the clutch pedal. You might have to widen the hole in the rubber a little bit depending on the size of the wire, but it'll fit with no trouble.

Picture 1: engine side
        Picture 2: passenger side
        Attached Files

Comment

Bear in mind what year he's talking about fellas. Gen to Gen has variations in grommet positions. Moreso, if you have to drill through the firewall of the protege to get a single 4 gauge wire through, you've done it the hard way!
          Kevin

Comment

i found a nice spot maybe i can get some pic but there is a whole in my firewall filled with a white cap if you look right above your pedels in car.
            2002 LX:
            sony amp with FR 15" sub
            white gauges
            pioneer deck

cooming this summer:
            18" enkei rims
            pirelli PZero Nero M&S
            MagnaFlow Exhaust
            7" LCD monitor deck
            carbonfiber dash kit
            cold air intake
            wings west spoiler
            JBL 1100 amp with RE XXX sub

Comment

Do you have an automatic tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                Bear in mind what year he's talking about fellas. Gen to Gen has variations in grommet positions. Moreso, if you have to drill through the firewall of the protege to get a single 4 gauge wire through, you've done it the hard way!
                Kevin
                The pictures are from my 2003 Sedan. Should be the same as the P5.

Comment

Originally posted by arlehk
                  i found a nice spot maybe i can get some pic but there is a whole in my firewall filled with a white cap if you look right above your pedels in car.

that's the cover for where the clutch would go through if you had a standard tranny. you can take that white piece out and drill a hole for whatever size wiring you need then put it back in. i had 1/0 going through mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X