Protege Show car on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege Show car on Ebay

Very nice car, but even anyone can tell you this car in the picture is naturally aspirated. What's this guy trying to pull? Maybe he just posted old pictures. He says it has a boost gauge, so maybe? Wuddya think?

2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

The guy is full of ****. He says it's a stock turbo, but if you run the VIN on carfax it comes up as a DX/LX/ES Protege, so I ran a VIN i knew was a MSP, and it comes up as a Mazdaspeed Protege on carfax. Plus if you look at the pics it's obvious there isn't a turbo in there.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

and its an auto too.... so it doesnt actually show much.

Comment

someone should call him out on the turbo, these kind of people NEED to be banned
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i threw up a question...well more of a correction...doubt it'll be made public though...

Comment

lol... "the reserve price is disclosed"...
            he needs to learn English before he can start saying his car is turbo.

Comment

haha...thought that sounded funny...didn't give it much thought

Comment

APC "Racing" seats

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
                98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The seller
                  On Jul-07-05 at 14:11:13 PDT, seller added the following information:

The specs on the car was added by e-bay when I put the Vin # in. I am aware there is conflics in the specs and are trying to resolve these conflicts. I am not trying to purposely mis led anyone.

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                    i threw up a question...well more of a correction...doubt it'll be made public though...
                    same here. He made mine public.

93' 5spd DX
                    R.I.P

Comment

A 6" drop and the wheels don't even touch the wheelwell?
                      Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

ive only ever seen ONE car dropped 6", and im not even sure if it was a true 6"... but we put matrix 6" drop coilover sleeves on my buddies 2nd gen eclipse, and the stock 14s tucked almost to the rim and he rubbed a hole smooth thru his oilpan just from driving around town and bottoming out just from ppl lookin at it the wrong way. lol... no ****in WAY is that thing 6" lower than stock... not to mention that he completely contradicts himself between questions two and three... why would he let them be viewed?? dumbass bastard...
                        "Squirrels are evil because they have thumbs."
                        - Chick McGee

Comment

I just sent him a message explaining the fact that a 5 for an engine code is not turbo. A 7 for an engine code means it was shipped prepped for the turbo that will be installed once it gets to Callaway. I also let him know that there are no factory turbo automatics. Let's see if he posts it on his auction.
                          2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Comment

whatever, he's a tool who has no idea. Just happens to own a Protege. If ppl where smart they'd clue into the fact he IS trying to mislead ppl. but nope, morons are still bidding.....

Comment

Okay heres the latest response to the message that I sent him...

Item: Mazda : Protege (4560479038)
                              This message was sent while the listing was active.
                              reneesmoke is the seller.
                              Ok, once again, I was going by the specs e-bay gave the car when I put the Vin # in. I realize there is a problem with this info. I am fully aware that it is not a Mazdaspeed/Turbo. I am working to resolve theses problems.

WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X