New wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wheels

Here are my new wheels Im going to buy within the next couple months or so. Whatcha all think?

Giovanna Corsica Its the 13th wheel down.

I like them,I was gonna get the corsica's but changed my mind.I found another set I liked better.Giovanna's a good name brand.

Comment

I actually wanted the Giovanna Palermo's first, but when someone told me that a 17x8.5 wheel wouldn't fit on my car I had to go to my second option. I ended up wanting these wheels the most now because I saw them in a pic on another Protege and it looked pretty tight.

Comment

I don't really like them from the pic, if I could see them on a car it might look better, I just can't put things together in my head.
        03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege

MAM Built Block, Microtech EMS on the way

HiBoost FMIC--Greddy Profec-B SpecII--AWR Front Mount, RR-inserts in rear--Injen SRI--PLX Wideband

88 MX6 LX-Turbo - DEAD

Comment

that's crazy pimpin'...
          i could see those on a lexus or an infiniti or something... but protege doesn't strike me as mad pimpin'..

what colour is your car? i'm just picturing my silver pro with that and it's not mixing

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I actually saw the wheels on a black Nissan Sentra last night. They looked pretty bad ass in my opinion. I figure that if they look good on a black car at night then they might look good on my car at night, which is naturally emerald green mica during the day, but looks black at night. Someone on this site showed me a pic of some guys Pro that had wheels closely resembling the Corsicas. I think they were by ADR or something. It looked pretty good. I'll have to try and find the thread that had the link to the site in it.

Comment

Be careful if you're going to buy those from Wheelmax, I've heard some pretty bad things about them... Actually I thought they were bankrupt.

The wheels are pretty bling, though
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

Thats what I thought too, as far as them being bankrupt goes. I actually went to their website and tried the number listed and it was still in service. Then they told me that they could get the Giovanna's for me for 225.00 each, which is ****in' awesome!! Ive seem them in other places as high as 280.00 and 362.00 each. So I figure, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I keep hearing mixed reviews about the company.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
                  Thats what I thought too, as far as them being bankrupt goes. I actually went to their website and tried the number listed and it was still in service. Then they told me that they could get the Giovanna's for me for 225.00 each, which is ****in' awesome!! Ive seem them in other places as high as 280.00 and 362.00 each. So I figure, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I keep hearing mixed reviews about the company.
                  Well, I guess just order with a credit card so you can get the money back if need be. It may be a good idea to call your card company ahead of time to see if it would be a problem getting the money back. It shouldn't, but you never know.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

do not buy from wheelmax! I did an i regret it my wheels are ok but the service was a nightmare and only 1 out of 6 different people i talked to could give me a straight answer about an issue with the lugs. I was driving on nearly bald tires 80 miles round trip for work for nearly a week before it was resolved. Should have listened to all the advice against buying from them on these forums. Do yourself a favor, do a search and read up on them, and seriously consider saving for another month or so to get your wheels elsewhere. Sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to get the point across. Oh yeah, and I think the wheels look alright, but im not a big fan of crome on modern cars. By the way, what are you driving. (year? color?)
                    -keith
                    -2002.5 Protege5 --> Classic red
                    -Mods: 17" Exel Mimi's, K&N drop-in
                    -Future Mods: Black painted headlight mod, Tint, Shortened doorlock mod, Black powdercoated Stubby Antena.

Comment

I've heard really good things about Tirerack.com

i'm going to order through tiretrends.com (canadian site)... i've only heard good things about tiretrends, but i won't know until i try for myself, i suppose.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Working...
                      X